Be prepared for a shock - No triple lock = No vote.

We did not create this.

This is a result of years of tory misrule, and fools being led by the nose to give up hard won rights we fought for.

I could give you chapter and verse, but would be wasting my time.

The older generation have created the world in which we live...

They should dump the triple lock on pensions, and have a triple lock on tax credits for ordinary working people.

Disabled people are having their benefits cut, why should one section of society get rising incomes, whilst others fall?

Ordinary working people are protected by the national minimum wage, which the government states as a minimum.

The normal working week here is 40 hours, therefore every state pensioner should get £288 each per week, witch would allow the government to stop treating OAPs like second class citizens with things like bus passes, with strings attached.

We did not create this.

This is a result of years of tory misrule, and fools being led by the nose to give up hard won rights we fought for.

I could give you chapter and verse, but would be wasting my time.

Apart from 13 years of a labour government of course, who with a the huge majority they had could have/should have solved all our years when the economy was in rude health. What would they have done with 4 more years? Ten?

---------- Post added 27-04-2017 at 15:48 ----------

Ordinary working people are protected by the national minimum wage, which the government states as a minimum.

The normal working week here is 40 hours, therefore every state pensioner should get £288 each per week, witch would allow the government to stop treating OAPs like second class citizens with things like bus passes, with strings attached.

But they don't work? They could have 20 to 40 years of not working on, effectivly, minimum wage. Who is paying for that?

In the days when Sheffield had an excellent public transport system, ( 1960's) and you never were waiting more than five minutes for a bus, a completely free transport system was mooted.

Its cost would have been a ha'penny on the rates, in the old system.

However the tories clamoured so much against it, mostly the Hallam lot, saying 'we have cars, why should we subsidise the others', in typical short-sighted tory fashion.

I am beginning to lose my patience with the younger people, (about under 55) in this country.

They seem to have no courage at all.

It is all, yes sir, no sir, threeebags full sir with them.

If they just keep giving in all along, they really deserve all they get.

They are being walked all over and taking it.

We would not have stood for it, nor would generations before.

The current generation of younger people are like the prisoner in the dungeon in The Life of Brian, loving the ones who are torturing you.

The younger generation are sick of opinionated old windbags telling them everything they think is wrong with society.

---------- Post added 27-04-2017 at 15:56 ----------

In the days when Sheffield had an excellent public transport system, ( 1960's) and you never were waiting more than five minutes for a bus, a completely free transport system was mooted.

Its cost would have been a ha'penny on the rates, in the old system.

However the tories clamoured so much against it, mostly the Hallam lot, saying 'we have cars, why should we subsidise the others', in typical short-sighted tory fashion.

and how much would something like that cost now?

Calling one lot short-sighted while trumpeting your own moronic ideas is quite an achievement.

But that's not being changed. The only part that is being removed is the 2.5% top up guarantee if inflation and wages rises are lower than that. So even if inflation and wage growth is 0% people on a state pension get an extra 2.5%. To me this is wrong. It was wrong when it brought in by the coalition to win votes, and it's wrong now with Labour using it to win votes.

No, it's not wrong. What is wrong is that the same deal is not available to all. Do not fall into the trap of supporting the race to the bottom by removing benefits* from one group because another is not receiving it.

* I mean benefits in terms of positive things not welfare benefits which pensions most certainly aren't.

The younger generation are sick of opinionated old windbags telling them everything they think is wrong with society.

Calling one lot short-sighted while trumpeting your own moronic ideas is quite an achievement.

I'm beginning to think that old jackanory is becoming a troll... :)

Apart from 13 years of a labour government of course, who with a the huge majority they had could have/should have solved all our years when the economy was in rude health. What would they have done with 4 more years? Ten?

---------- Post added 27-04-2017 at 15:48 ----------

But they don't work? They could have 20 to 40 years of not working on, effectivly, minimum wage. Who is paying for that?

We have already paid for it, by our previous work.

You really have no idea do you?

I blame the education system of your youth.

Training, not education.

We have already paid for it, by our previous work.

You really have no idea do you?

I blame the education system of your youth.

Training, not education.

You were paid for your work....

which generation decided on the education system?

Edited by truman

Why would it cost more now than it did then?

It should be cheaper if anything. if you re integrated the bus services into council control.

Think about it for once.