Why isn't the debt calculator on our screens?

I'm old enough to remember before we went into the common market, and to be honest, to me, it seemed better then. And you're right in that it has changed out of all recognition to what we signed up for. Politicians back then seemed to be much more on top of what mattered.

And yes, I think a lot of politicians today have forgotten how to do it, they seem to have a very easy ride with most of the hard work being done in Brusssels.

All our politicians seem to do is rubber stamp the diktats whether they are in the interests of our country or not. Other countries seem to manage to manouvre around the things they don't like, and adapt things to better suit their situation. Our politicians can't even be bothered to do that.

We have been very badly governed for years, with the focus being on what is good for the politicians and their cronies, rather than what's good for the country. Things are going to have to change if we are going to pull this off...

We didn't begin life as members of the European Union, heck even the EU itself is unrecognizable from its original inception of a trading bloc.

Have we really forgotten how an independent sovereign state operates? Perhaps it's a good thing we're being forced to look beyond the European bubble.

Is that supposed to be an answer to

"So you're saying that we're taking a leap into the unknown with the future of multiple generations and our economy.

Forgive me if I think that's a really stupid thing to do."