Missing Person Investigations

Heard on radio the met police have asked for and received more money to continue the search for madaline ,iirc it also said something like 11 million has allready been spent on the search for her. Wonder how much has /had been spent on the search for Ben

Know what you are saying here , it all seems a bit lopsided with money spent on one child to the other . Its a pity that some closure cant be reached for them both . Ben mums still breaks into pieces when interviewed , must be really hard for her mum and dad who were looking after Ben at the time . The death bed confession is alleged so no closure for Ben .

I'd suggest that the parents were the big difference.

Also the era. There was far more social media coverage by the time Madeleine McCann was reported as missing, than at the time of Ben Needham's disappearance. I remember hearing about Ben Needham, it was in the papers, on TV and radio, but that didn't have the same impact as flooding every online news site, Facebook etc. Neither did everyone and their dog feel compelled to publicly decide who was at fault in the earlier case.

Also the era. There was far more social media coverage by the time Madeleine McCann was reported as missing, than at the time of Ben Needham's disappearance. I remember hearing about Ben Needham, it was in the papers, on TV and radio, but that didn't have the same impact as flooding every online news site, Facebook etc. Neither did everyone and their dog feel compelled to publicly decide who was at fault in the earlier case.

Hell of a lot of people did