10 years in prison for kodi

Users of ‘fully loaded’ Kodi boxes to hear a knock on the door – and face up to 10 years in jail for pirating films and TV shows?

Now that the government’s Digital Economy Bill has passed, people pirating online content could (in theory) face up to 10 years in prison, including for using Kodi boxes.

The maximum you can get for death by dangerous driving is 5 years so its good to know where their priorities are.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/03/kodi-box-users-could-face-up-to-10-years-in-jail-under-new-piracy-laws-6613543/#ixzz4g1xmT4GG

Edited by SkylinePhoto

Users of ‘fully loaded’ Kodi boxes to hear a knock on the door – and face up to 10 years in jail for pirating films and TV shows?

Now that the government’s Digital Economy Bill has passed, people pirating online content could (in theory) face up to 10 years in prison, including for using Kodi boxes.

The maximum you can get for death by dangerous driving is 5 years so its good to know where their priorities are.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/03/kodi-box-users-could-face-up-to-10-years-in-jail-under-new-piracy-laws-6613543/#ixzz4g1xmT4GG

Totally agree. It really, really winds me up when they say 'piracy is theft!'. Not it's not...definition of theft is to permanently deprive someone of something they own, how can that apply to piracy?

[/color]

Are they building a special prison for all the Kodi pirates then??

because you keep hearing they don't have the room for all the thugs, rapists and murderers as it is.

They'll probably bring back hanging for people who don't buy a TV licence.

They seem not to take into account that many these-days use a VPN so making the tracing of content streaming almost impossible, unless they now have a plan to put an end to the use of VPN's as well. Its a bit like blocking Pirate Bay and yet after several years its still up and running and just as popular.

In any case I shall still be using mine as I dont watch broadcast TV or use the iPlayer.

Are they building a special prison for all the Kodi pirates then??

because you keep hearing they don't have the room for all the thugs, rapists and murderers as it is.

I don't even know what 'Kodi' is, but you can bet '10 years in prison' will translate into lots of nice, revenue producing fines...

Totally agree. It really, really winds me up when they say 'piracy is theft!'. Not it's not...definition of theft is to permanently deprive someone of something they own, how can that apply to piracy?

Its depriving someone of money though, not just the likes of Sky etc but writers etc who get royalties. Or not as the case may be. Why do think there was nearly a writers strike in the US?