Teacher wouldn't let daughter go to the loo

ECCOnoob

As a teacher couldn't agree more, break and lunch are the times to go toilet, if the forget then its just tough, wait until next break, always been my stance and it seems to work even for 6/7 year olds

What are you talking about "sad miserable world". Its real life. Its called being an adult.

The world doesn't stop just because we get an urge to go to the loo. Our body is designed to deal with that.

God sake, if we lost such ability we would all be stopping dead in the street and peeing everywhere every time we need to go. Alternatively, we would all be sitting there wetting our knickers if we were sat down somewhere where we cant go.

Some people need to grow up.

If an adult or child needs to go then they go. Obviously you would try to control yourself and go beforehand, but in the instance where you couldnt control your blader or were about to vomit, then you would make your excuses and leave. In court or not. Inconvenient or not. The judge wouldnt want you wetting yourself. Nobody in a meeting would either. Common sense would have you going beforehand, but when you have to go then you have to go.

---------- Post added 06-05-2017 at 12:55 ----------

ECCOnoob

As a teacher couldn't agree more, break and lunch are the times to go toilet, if the forget then its just tough, wait until next break, always been my stance and it seems to work even for 6/7 year olds

You would be ok for a child wetting themselves if they couldnt hold it. Quality teaching.

What are you talking about "sad miserable world". Its real life. Its called being an adult.

The world doesn't stop just because we get an urge to go to the loo. Our body is designed to deal with that.

God sake, if we lost such ability we would all be stopping dead in the street and peeing everywhere every time we need to go. Alternatively, we would all be sitting there wetting our knickers if we were sat down somewhere where we cant go.

Some people need to grow up.

If someone needs the toilet, what in the world is the benefit of stopping them??

This is weird I can't get my head round telling someone they cant go to the toilet, proper mental haha

ECCOnoob

What school do you work at?

You probably wont say because you know you are in the wrong here.

---------- Post added 06-05-2017 at 13:05 ----------

Since the Child in the OP didn't wet herself or vomit and cleary managed to get to the end of the lesson she didn't have to go so desprately after all.

And if they had peed themeselves in front of the whole class what would that mean?

No as an adult we dont just "go when we want".

There are numerous situations in adult life where we control our bladder. Its something we learn to do as children just like the child subject to this post.

When I am attending a meeting or conference call I dont just disappear, that would be rude to the person hosting. When I am attending a Court Hearing I certainly dont just get up and go, that would be disrespecting the Judge and disrupting the proceedings.

When I watch a theatre show or have a long car journey or watch a film in a cinema or even when im having a meal out with someone I will control myself until an appropraite time to go and/or make sure I go before the thing starts.

Unless the child has some specific medical condition, which I am sure a sensible parent would have informed the teacher of, there is no excuse for them not being able to control herself until the next appropriate break period.

Children are not all angels. They are mischievous, attention seeking and disruptive. Its not uncommon (even my own nephew does it) for children to repeatedly ask to go to the toilet to avoid something or to get attention.

I think the Teacher is giving lesson in adult behaviour perfectly well. No grown adult just goes when they want in real life. We all have moments when we need to control ourselves and go to the loo at appropriate times i.e. before or after something which would restrict us going in between.

That is the lesson to the child and at that age she would have been able to understand such perfectly.

I was trying to formulate a response to the thread, then saw this. You've said it better than I could!

School is supposed to prepare you for adult life right?

As an adult, I've rarely been told that I cannot go to the bathroom, so it seems inappropriate to tell that to a child.

---------- Post added 05-05-2017 at 23:51 ----------

I thought someone would have said this if I looked back.

As an adult, when did you last ask permission and have it denied to go to the loo?

Personally I just get up and go, as an adult mind, fitting into society, where weeing at your desk is a bit of a no no.

That's quite a narrow minded view of the world, if you don't mind me saying so. I'm an adult too, but can't just "get up and go" when I want at work as I don't have a desk job! Not everyone has easy access to toilets at work (or any, in some cases).

Surely in a class of 30 children, having them leave (because I'm sure once one has done it it gives the idea to others) is disruptive to the lesson?

That's why there are breaks between lessons, so the pupil can stay in the lesson and learn? Perhaps I'm too simplistic.

Guest sibon
Indeed, when one child is allowed to go to the toilet, you can guarantee a whole load more will ask to go too.

This is the main problem. Once one has gone, not only do you get multiple requests for people to go, you also lose the ability to say "no". It is very difficult to justify allowing one student to go and refusing that right to another.

The trick is to be able to distiguish between a child who needs to go to the toilet and one who merely wants to go. If a child really needs to go, they should be allowed. Otherwise, they should be encouraged to use break time and lunch time.