Teacher wouldn't let daughter go to the loo

quite right except, the point is we are talking about a child who hasn't yet!!

The point of school to some extent is not raising children, it's raising children to be adults. As such they get to do adult things like controlling their bladder and planning ahead...

I've known students arrange to meet up in toilets during lessons. Not that this is the case for the OP, but its things like that which make teachers enforce rules rigorously.

rules you mean there is rules, about going to the toilet, love to how they are put on written in the rule book.

The point of school to some extent is not raising children, it's raising children to be adults. As such they get to do adult things like controlling their bladder and planning ahead...

I'd say, in practical terms, school seems more like conditioning young people to be supplicant and obey authority (no doubt in preparation for adult life and work).

The last thing they want is young people thinking and deciding what's best for themselves!

Can I ask. If you needed to go to the toilet 10 minutes after break time would you wait 2 hrs, somehow i don't think so. I have been told by the Royal Hallamshire Hospital that it's a medical fact that holding your urine for too long is not good for you. People need to realise this and act accordingly, especially people in a supervisory position such as teachers that are supposed to be in charge of the childs welfare while in school hours. I am disabled and I can assure you that no matter how good you are at the forward planning of the toilet needs it does not allways work as many disabled people would also confirm. Mafya seems to be the only one that has written a post with any sence on the matter regarding a child.

Yep holding urine in for long periods of time can cause UTIs.

Let's just hope when the kid has time off due to ill health, the school have a more reasonable response to sickness absence.

So what happened then. Did the op go to the school? Have we ascertained if the child was telling the truth or have we managed to get the teacher suspended on an 8 year olds word?

sorry what is op ?

Yep holding urine in for long periods of time can cause UTIs.

Let's just hope when the kid has time off due to ill health, the school have a more reasonable response to sickness absence.

A 90 minute school class is not "a long time"

Unless the 8 year old child has some severe clincially diagnosed urological disorder there is no reason why she cannot (and clearly DID in this instance) hold it until she is able to go to the loo afterwards.

You sound just the sort of person who in this instance would go running to the papers with the obligatory sad face photo followed by a claim for compensation against the school.

God sake how do you think people cope in the world. We all hold our bladders at regular intervals during the day and night. Most of us healthy adults are able to hold it perfectly well for several hours in a row each and every night.

ITS WHAT OUR BODY IS DESIGNED TO DO.

Why are you making such nonsense out of this.

Edited by ECCOnoob

A 90 minute school class is not "a long time"

Unless the 8 year old child has some severe clincially diagnosed urological disorder there is no reason why she cannot (and clearly DID in this instance) hold it until she is able to go to the loo afterwards.

You sound just the sort of person who in this instance would go running to the papers with the obligatory sad face photo followed by a claim for compensation against the school.

God sake how do you think people cope in the world. We all hold our bladders at regular intervals during the day and night. Most of us healthy adults are able to hold it perfectly well for several hours in a row each and every night.

ITS WHAT OUR BODY IS DESIGNED TO DO.

Why are you making such nonsense out of this.

Is 90 min the average class time