Advice please- Relationship

My boyfriend has asked me to marry him, he's a great man but he wants to get married this year but I'm not ready

Help what do I do?

He has said pick a date or we're done

Doesn't sound like a great man, sounds like an arsehole. Call his bluff or say you need time to sort out your watertight pre-nup.

We got engaged last July and we've been together for a year, I really love this man but I do feel pushed but I know I'm going to miss him

"pick a date or we're done" does not sound good.

Maybe he has a reason for saying that? I have been on my own for a long time, it could be that you will find another easily, or maybe not.

I'm afraid I would never marry someone who made it an ultimatum.

I've got an ethos in life, which is that I should choose the alternatives which are the 'run towards' choices, not the 'running away from' choices. If something is right then you should be quite happy for your life to move towards something, accepting it in its entirety.

If there is something holding you back from that sort of acceptance then there's no way that you should allow anybody to push you into it.

If he does love you in the sort of way that he will need to love you to make a marriage work then he wouldn't be making ultimatums like he is.