Advice regarding fracture

can anyone give me some advice please. Last year in August I tripped then fell over the Hoover, I heard snap on my wrist .& fell onto my knees. I went to chesterfield Royal was seen by nurse. I said I think I've broke it fractured it, the nurse said that's good one that & laughed it has

large lump above wrist and slight deformity. Which wasn't they before .and said its gristle. I said no I heard it snap and refused To X Ray it From then onwards I lived with pain on/ off but when I hold something heavy or grab something it starts all over again. The pain is going up to my elbow. I've back to gp 5 differant occasions still same old tripe last time 2 days ago. Says refer yourself to phisio er I've seen the phisio at wheatbridge in chesterfield..and she said go back to your gp I told my doctor. We'll hear is self referral letter ring it up, I give up..I even rang northern general A/E they said need to be refferd.What is wrong with these doctors ? Any advice

I'd go to another A&E - I just spoke to someone who has just come out of hospital after the royal missed a leg break.
that's not good. The thing is even at the side on wrist we all have bone what we all can see but on that hand it is not there if you know what I mean, it's gone in on itself. Fingers have been going abit numb & stiff. Thanks for your replies

Strange coincidence this thread.

I'm thinking of going to hospital tomorrow/day after with what I suspect is a fracture in my left wrist. I fell off a ladder four weeks ago after one of the aluminium legs snapped, falling awkwardly. I'm left handed mainly.

I just thought it was badly sprained. It was swollen for well over a week (fourth gear change a no no), but as it's still very painful, suspect a damaged metacarpal, or one of the smaller bones next to them.

I was just going to go to A+E at the Royal Hallamshire. Surely they're duty bound to at least X-ray it?

You wont land the alcocopter at the Hallamshire theres no space. Northern General now.....

Sprains can mask a fracture, and generally they should be X-rays. I've taken enough Scouts with a "little sprain" to A&E to only have them find a fracture underneath....

Strange coincidence this thread.

I'm thinking of going to hospital tomorrow/day after with what I suspect is a fracture in my left wrist. I fell off a ladder four weeks ago after one of the aluminium legs snapped, falling awkwardly. I'm left handed mainly.

I just thought it was badly sprained. It was swollen for well over a week (fourth gear change a no no), but as it's still very painful, suspect a damaged metacarpal, or one of the smaller bones next to them.

I was just going to go to A+E at the Royal Hallamshire. Surely they're duty bound to at least X-ray it?

Hi there, they might do for you as its 4 weeks back. But for me because of the time lapse A/E will not see me unless it was like recently. I phoned northern / Royal since they said I need to be referred by the doctors .. And the doctors just say same thing go to phisio. Then the physio says go back to your gp. I'm tired of this. I've just tonight rang 111 they've made me app with out of hours gp. 11.20 tonight oh what joys, see what happens. My advice get it looked at ���� thank you for your reply

Edited by Loonytune

Hi there, they might do for you as its 4 weeks back. But for me because of the time lapse A/E will not see me unless it was like recently. I phoned northern / Royal since they said I need to be referred by the doctors .. And the doctors just say same thing go to phisio. Then the physio says go back to your gp. I'm tired of this. I've just tonight rang 111 they've made me app with out of hours gp. 11.20 tonight oh what joys, see what happens. My advice get it looked at ���� thank you for your reply

Couldn't you just go to Northern General and say you've only just hurt/broken (?) your wrist? That way, they're bound to treat you. Good luck anyway.

---------- Post added 09-05-2017 at 22:42 ----------

You wont land the alcocopter at the Hallamshire theres no space. Northern General now.....

Sprains can mask a fracture, and generally they should be X-rays. I've taken enough Scouts with a "little sprain" to A&E to only have them find a fracture underneath....

Thanks for that … the dreaded Northern General it is then. Saved a waste of time at the Hallamshire. No, I'm not going in the Alcocopter™ … the Alcomobile™ is more than adequate for this kind of emergency thank you kindly.

I think I'd just be tempted to turn up at A&E ... Wait it out, and just explain you did it a while ago, and it's still hurting, and you suspect it's more than a strain, due to how long it's been a problem. In my experience, the first thing they'll do is xray it.