House Building.

They seem to have given up on the idea of council houses.

It's all about 'affordable homes' now, which are built by private companies and fail to be affordable.

It was a Tory election promise, its now a broken promise.

NIMBYs....Mainly the over 60s who want to stop people moving into to their area.

How do you work that one out? We're over 60 and own our own house and there's no land near us that could be built on, even though some has in the past.

And I've always taken the view that we bought this house and land and not the surrounding area. And what happens around us is the right of the owner of that land. So I also wouldn't be out protesting about things like fracking or cutting down trees.

Why is so difficult for the government, to build houses?

I always think it's because they don't really want to!

There are numerous issues which play a part in the lack of housebuilding: Government policy & support, availability of the land in the right location, whether the housing development will stack up financially for the developer, Local Authorities attitude to house building..