Theresa May wants to bring back fox-hunting

glad to see they are looking at the important things in life that affect the majority of the people

Labour found banning it important enough to invoke the Parliament Act...and how many hours of meetings/debates God only knows..they're as bad as each other..

Of course it's not hunting for food in the modern era. It's a pleasurable pursuit that involves the great outdoors. In the Middle East for example hunting involves jumping into a modern 4x4 armed with a bird of prey and hitting the dunes to find hare.

In that case why dont hunters go to the middle east where such barbarism is acceptable?

---------- Post added 10-05-2017 at 13:44 ----------

You can't make that moral argument when animals are bred to slaughter on an industrial scale.

I once heard some idiot advocate of this "sport" claim that the fox actually ENJOYED being hunted!!! Apart from the fact that he would have NO idea how the fox felt, if it was THAT much fun why didnt he volunteer to run from the dogs himself? Assuming of course that the outcome would be the same, ripped apart whilst still alive by a pack of out of control animals, and thats just the "humans" :)

I once heard some idiot advocate of this "sport" claim that the fox actually ENJOYED being hunted!!! Apart from the fact that he would have NO idea how the fox felt, if it was THAT much fun why didnt he volunteer to run from the dogs himself? Assuming of course that the outcome would be the same, ripped apart whilst still alive by a pack of out of control animals, and thats just the "humans" :)

Churchill once said there was nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result. I wonder if they were thinking of that....

I'm sure the fox just loves being chased through the bushes by those big rufty tufty dogs that want to cover him in lovebites however....

Fox Hunting should never have been banned. Brilliant news it will soon be legal again.

Can we hunt YOU then as well?

---------- Post added 10-05-2017 at 13:50 ----------

since the ban the population of foxes has increased both urban and country this is at least one way to reduce the numbers whilst creating jobs in the country.

foxes are vermin and destroy livestock and poultry usually without actually eating them.

the traditions of the countryside should be re-instated and i agree with bringing it back.

Reliable and corroborative proof please

In that case why dont hunters go to the middle east where such barbarism is acceptable?

If hunting is banned at home you take your money elsewhere. Many Brits go hunting in America, the Middle East, Asia etc.

If hunting is banned at home you take your money elsewhere. Many Brits go hunting in America, the Middle East, Asia etc.

Fair enough, if thats the case I dont see where the problem is. If they can get their fix abroad theres no need to reintroduce their barbarism back into the UK

Yeah, once a fortnight a bunch of horse owning toffs fly off to see a wild animal ripped apart by dogs.

Meanwhile, back in reality, they don't.

BTW, how many is that really? You DO of course have the figures dont you? Also, how much do they spend individually and in total. Im sure that those figures are available

Can we hunt YOU then as well?

---------- Post added 10-05-2017 at 13:50 ----------

Reliable and corroborative proof please

He can't because every official figure given shows no increase in fox numbers since the ban.