Its the labour party for me.

If the media didn't tell such blatant lies about him, his 'followers' wouldn't have to keep defending him. Nor are they 'sycophants. Crikey has anybody ever been more surrounded on all sides by enemies than Jeremy Corbyn? Nor has any politician taken such trouble to meet with and get the views of real people.

Has he met any real people who disagree with him?

Has he met any real people who disagree with him?

Certainly has. At the end of the rally I was at, there was a bloke arguing with him, (don't know what about but he was quite agitated.) Jeremy was very calm and respectful and listened to what he had to say, then there were a few back and forth exchanges. Then they laughed, shook hands and J gave him a friendly slap on the back. And moved on to someone else.

He's actually a consensus politician and a very sensible man who will listen to people and take on board what they have to say.

Unless he doesn't like what they have to say, then he runs away or blanks them.

Not very appropriate for a world leader.

Certainly has. At the end of the rally I was at, there was a bloke arguing with him, (don't know what about but he was quite agitated.) Jeremy was very calm and respectful and listened to what he had to say, then there were a few back and forth exchanges. Then they laughed, shook hands and J gave him a friendly slap on the back. And moved on to someone else.

Gordon Brown was really polite to that woman in Rochdale until he got back in the car :)

How are they going to pay for all this spending? Esp, when they get less corporation tax because they put up tax rates for businesses (and drive a lot away from our shores)?

---------- Post added 16-05-2017 at 12:24 ----------

Corp tax up by 1/3. Min wage of £10. Is that right?

Can't see that having any impact on unemployment rates...

I don't think even the most ardent remain voter would advocate ignoring the wishes of the electorate...

I've never yet seen anyone suggest that the electorate should be ignored, but neither should it be blindly followed.

It is a similar problem to one I often encounter. The customer says what they want, and they want something daft. When asked why they want it, it transpires that they want to achieve X, Y and Z.

X, Y and Z are far more easily achieved by doing something a lot less daft, and when that is put to the customer they nearly always go with the less daft option.

Thus giving the customer what they actually want, without doing what they said they want

Or sometimes, doing what they ask will not achieve X anyway, and there is no realistic way of achieving it...

With Brexit, the X, Y and Z are: to be allowed curvy bananas, to keep the muslins out and to get away from the Common Agriculture Policy.

It may be the case that the only way to get away from the CAP is to leave the EU, but I doubt it, and I don't believe we have tried very hard.

---------- Post added 16-05-2017 at 12:39 ----------

If the media didn't tell such blatant lies about him, his 'followers' wouldn't have to keep defending him. Nor are they 'sycophants...

Illustrating the point nicely. Thank you Anna.

If the media did not keep telling lies, then his followers would only have to defend him against his actual failures. The way you put it suggests that you believe they don't exist.

<...> To be honest both of the main parties have abandoned the centre ground at a time when we need the centre ground occupied.<...>
Which is exactly how and why Macron cleaned up at the ballot boxes the other week, and how and why, on the run up to the French GE in a few weeks' time, many (131 at last count) French MPs of the 'old mainstream parties' with multiple mandates have chosen to stand down and stay a Maire (mayor), a Conseiller Régional, a <...> instead of MP.

The old political guard is dying of death in France. About time.

Theres an interesting article comparing corbyn to atlee. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/may/09/jeremy-corbyn-clement-attlee You don't need to be some charismatic showman to lead a very successful party. Atlee created the welfare state. The thing with corbyn is he is different and the people who control the papers don't like what he's trying to do so he is painted in a very bad light by the press.

In this country we elect a party not a president. The manifesto labour have just released is fair, democratic and attempts to put an end to the totally unjust broken system we have at the minute that favours the rich and no one else. Quite why anyone who isn't rich thinks that tories are the best people to manage the economy is beyond me.

We need to start measuring the success of this country by something other than economic growth. Unending economic growth is unsustainable. We are now seeing the devastating effects of unbridled capitalism (global warming, species loss, biomass loss, pollution - you can't pretend it isn't happening). We need to start managing our resources and the tories do not give one s*** about any of that.

Edited by TimmyR