Its the labour party for me.

Not having a dig Anna but I really don't think there is now such a thing as ordinary people. It a bit like the traditional notion of the working class in that no one now wants to be classed as ordinary or working class.

I know what you mean and probably agree, but how do you classify it with brevity in a post? I think anyone who works for a living as opposed to corporate bosses etc is working class, perhaps we need a new name.

We're back to the 99% and the 1%

I don't understand why the majority of ordinary people would vote Tory. A definite case of Turkeys voting for Christmas surely?

Have people become so used to being downtrodden and brainwashed that they think they have to do what their elders and betters tell them to do, and that's to not think for themselves and just shut up and suffer? Do the ordinary voters not think they deserve anything for themselves and for all their hard work? That they should continue to endure cuts and austerity while the rich have their snouts stuck firmly in the trough of plenty?

Mrs May says she is going to do something for the 'just about managing' which is jolly good of her - and that would be what exactly? Her idea seems to be that they wait and then scrabble for the crumbs off the top table.

There's precious little else for them in her manifesto...

The alternative is a man who is a real champion of the ordinary people; who genuinely cares and values their contribution; who says what they've been saying for years and is asking for the chance to put it into practice.

To my mind the choice has never been simpler or clearer, vote for someone who has their best interests at heart, and wants to work with the majority of people on side.

'The only people voting Conservative are millionaires and the misinformed. If you're not sure which you are, check your wallet.'

I know a couple of people that work in a pharmacy and are voting Tory, yet the Tories have passed a motion to close many pharmacies and theirs would be one of them :help:

I won't be voting for a party that has Diane Abbott in it so its either a no show or a spoiled paper for me.

At the moment it's Brexit for me, I think the tories have a better chance of a deal I agree with than Labour.

I will worry about domestic matters in 5 years time as all these will be affected by the Brexit deal.

Despite the views of Corbyn there is a chance that if they had a coherent Brexit strategy which included ending free movement with a meaningful result, that I could vote Labour BUT as mentioned by other posters I could never vote for them whilst Abbott is in the party. I detest the woman, she is the most racist hypocrite in politics.

Corp tax rates have one down but actual tax yields have increased. You might want to think carefully how you mess around with them. In addition not being in the EU will eb a big disincentive for some companies so raising taxes will only be exacerbated by Brexit.

I think you might have misread or at least misinterpreted the gist of my post. I was saying that rather than increase corp tax, which would mean those who are actually paying it and not avoiding or evading it have a higher tax bill even though they are playing by the rules, we should go after closing loopholes to enforce taxes being paid fairly by all businesses operating or making profits within the UK. And actually if we could do that, I'd support a lowering of corp tax rates to assist smaller businesses, but all the loopholes being exploited by big business must be closed first. See how much support that would get from small business owners!

---------- Post added 06-06-2017 at 08:30 ----------

She's the biggest reason I can't vote Labour,Corban has grown on me but needs to look at his team.

Diane Abbott is one of my least favourite politicians and that's saying something when you consider my political leaning! However, I don't think she's nasty, she's just clueless. Jeremy Hunt and Philip Davis however are both clueless and nasty so I can get over her in context and hope she loses her seat while Labour gain seats overall. I can dream!

I think you might have misread or at least misinterpreted the gist of my post. I was saying that rather than increase corp tax, which would mean those who are actually paying it and not avoiding or evading it have a higher tax bill even though they are playing by the rules, we should go after closing loopholes to enforce taxes being paid fairly by all businesses operating or making profits within the UK. And actually if we could do that, I'd support a lowering of corp tax rates to assist smaller businesses, but all the loopholes being exploited by big business must be closed first. See how much support that would get from small business owners!
Likely a lot for a while...until big business, from which many small businesses depend, starts riding them harder, with pricing pressure and procedurally-complex extended payment terms to 180 days, to restore profitability to pre-loophole closure levels.

Not a pro-big business comment, just saying it as it is (and likely would be) from the small business coalface ;)

Diane Abbott is one of my least favourite politicians and that's saying something when you consider my political leaning! However, I don't think she's nasty, she's just clueless. Jeremy Hunt and Philip Davis however are both clueless and nasty so I can get over her in context and hope she loses her seat while Labour gain seats overall. I can dream!
Diane Abbott is to Labour, what Boris Johnson is to the Conservatives: the Court's jester.

Labour's working team, with Keir Stammer & Co., looks far better on paper than the Tories' (Fox, Davis, Johnson <...>).

Edited by L00b