Its the labour party for me.

I didnt think you were - I feared for phil (the quote thing screwed up) who was scared of the lib dems. tim Farron is a bit of an odd ball but Im not sure hes scary. Is it the colour orange phil?

no one wants to get tango ed

I didnt think you were - I feared for phil (the quote thing screwed up) who was scared of the lib dems. tim Farron is a bit of an odd ball but Im not sure hes scary. Is it the colour orange phil?

I think it's the SNP he doesn't like actually.

And frankly, the idea of Labour forming a coalition government with a party that doesn't want to remain part of the UK does seem perverse.

The advance notice given for the gold auctions forced the price down as dealers knew a large amount of gold was about to hit the market. The oil price will fluctuate as normal and is mainly dictated by OPEC countries increasing or decreasing supply coupled with demand.

Gold reserves are kept as a physical reserve whereas paper money can be devalued literally overnight as has happened in the past.

The concept of gold reserves were to enable a country to pay its bills if need be in gold, this was in the times when a countries gdp was hundreds of millions not running into trillions but the concept is still there.

The fact he sold the gold was not really the point it was his ineptitude in how it was sold

May wasn't exactly great as HS and I'm saying that as a Tory voter but even the most hardened Corbyn Fanboi has to think she's totally out of her depth as Home Secretary.

Beginning to think Abbott has nine lives, she's survived so many car crashes over the past few weeks.

To be honest I am wondering if she is going through some personal problems, she has always been off cue, but recently it seems like she is not altogether there

The advance notice given for the gold auctions forced the price down as dealers knew a large amount of gold was about to hit the market. The oil price will fluctuate as normal and is mainly dictated by OPEC countries increasing or decreasing supply coupled with demand.

Gold reserves are kept as a physical reserve whereas paper money can be devalued literally overnight as has happened in the past.

The concept of gold reserves were to enable a country to pay its bills if need be in gold, this was in the times when a countries gdp was hundreds of millions not running into trillions but the concept is still there.

The fact he sold the gold was not really the point it was his ineptitude in how it was spelt.

So you are quite happy to say, "buh bye Scotland and enjoy the oil?

You know that the revenue from the sale wasn't just spent on sweets don't you?

I think it's the SNP he doesn't like actually.

And frankly, the idea of Labour forming a coalition government with a party that doesn't want to remain part of the UK does seem perverse.

Alot of their core values are very similar. Wee Nicky might get a referendum within the next couple of years but theres no guarentee she'll win it. If corbyn does ok (a big IF) then she might keep her tinder dry and not push as hard for indyref2. If EU negoiations are going south and the EU start making eyes at scotland to join if they get independence (I'm not sure they would or if theyre even allowed to) then the whole thing would collapse like a house cards and we get yet another election. Yay.

Alot of their core values are very similar. Wee Nicky might get a referendum within the next couple of years but theres no guarentee she'll win it. If corbyn does ok (a big IF) then she might keep her tinder dry and not push as hard for indyref2. If EU negoiations are going south and the EU start making eyes at scotland to join if they get independence (I'm not sure they would or if theyre even allowed to) then the whole thing would collapse like a house cards and we get yet another election. Yay.

That's all true; just on paper it looks perverse. Take it to the extreme, the Tories forming a coalition with Sinn Fein. How mental would that be?*

Unless the EU bends the rules, I can't see how an independent Scotland can join. The SNP seem to think they can though.

*Edit. Perhaps too mental, because Sinn Fein refuse to take their seats and wouldn't count.

Yes I know the money was blown on lots of things and then labour borrowed lots more.

Yes happy for Scotland to go as fed up of Sturgeon continually banging on about it, have the vote and if she wins bye bye, that's democracy.

Yes I know the money was blown on lots of things and then labour borrowed lots more.

Yes happy for Scotland to go as fed up of Sturgeon continually banging on about it, have the vote and if she wins bye bye, that's democracy.

No, actually, the money was invested.

So, Brown sold the gold cheaply (about a hundred bucks an ounce less than that years average price) and you think he's an idiot, but you are happy for Scotland to go independent to shut Sturgeon up even though that means the rest of the UK loses billions in oil revenue?

That logic is so poor and backward.

The fact he sold the gold was not really the point it was his ineptitude in how it was sold

So to get some perspective the amount lost was £1bn

About 3 weeks worth of the £350m extra a week were supposed to be getting for the NHS

---------- Post added 06-06-2017 at 21:07 ----------

Tory borrowing in the last 7 years is more than all the governments since the 1970s IIRC.

Tell me, what do they spend it all on. We've got nowt to show have we.