Its the labour party for me.

The only incentive you can think of for doing a job that's not a cleaner is money? I'd have put doing a job a liked quite a long way above that. If a cleaner earns more than me, then good for them. You are talking about the politics of envy once more where we can't stand other people earning more than us for a job of which we decry is 'lower' than ours. Perhaps if everyone looked to their own life and happiness first without comparing to their neighbours we'd live in a better world.

Take a job with loads of training/stress/long hours or get paid the same for pushing a mop (I know there's a bit more to it than that but....) ? Hmmm which to choose.....? 1st year teachers aren't on much more than that and we're losing them as it is.....how many more would go if they could get the same money for cleaning the classrooms?

Take a job with loads of training/stress/long hours or get paid the same for pushing a mop (I know there's a bit more to it than that but....) ? Hmmm which to choose.....? 1st year teachers aren't on much more than that and we're losing them as it is.....how many more would go if they could get the same money for cleaning the classrooms?

Don't nurses earn £22k or something too (ridiculously low as that is)?

..........she's been pulled! you know it and we all know it! Jez has had a quite word!

Even i spotted she wasnt well as i mentioned in a previous post, why do you think i even mentioned it?..... but you believe what you want to believe, dont let your hatred of the woman cloud your judgment

I suppose the difference is that the cleaner will be on that wage forever whereas the other positions potentially could be more rewarding.

When the current minimum wage rate was introduced we had portants of doom predicting mass unemployment - it didn't happen.

wow who didnt see that coming Dianne Abbott removed,...... er sorry stood down due to ill health ahem!:hihi: old JC took a decision shock horror??

well at least the parties got 50% credibility back for now?:roll:

She did not look well to me. Too much pressure and things were getting (unintentional) to her head. At least she be honest about it.

I don't think abbott really wants all this and will appreciate the break, it wouldn't surprise me Theresa may be taking pills to keep herself together now.

---------- Post added 07-06-2017 at 09:48 ----------

I suppose the difference is that the cleaner will be on that wage forever whereas the other positions potentially could be more rewarding.

When the current minimum wage rate was introduced we had portants of doom predicting mass unemployment - it didn't happen.

Don't you have to give people the incentive to enter stressful jobs in the first place?

As regards unemployment..how many people on here complain about ZHC's?

She did not look well to me. Too much pressure and things were getting (unintentional) to her head. At least she be honest about it.

I don't think abbott really wants all this and will appreciate the break, it wouldn't surprise me Theresa may be taking pills to keep herself together now.

If they can't take the pressure of an election campaign they are clearly in the wrong job.

Even i spotted she wasnt well as i mentioned in a previous post, why do you think i even mentioned it?..... but you believe what you want to believe, dont let your hatred of the woman cloud your judgment
..........I don't hate her Banjo mate........I leave hatred up to the lefties!, I just think she's a political liability.....bit like Boris I suppose.

---------- Post added 07-06-2017 at 09:48 ----------

Don't you have to give people the incentive to enter stressful jobs in the first place?

As regards unemployment..how many people on here complain about ZHC's?

It goes further than that though for me. It means that if I push my staff who are on say £18k up to £20k to meet the new minimum wage, I also have to push my staff on £20k up to £22k, so they're a little ahead, to create some sort of merit/responsibility wage structure. I'm having to give mass pay rises not just to those on anywhere near minimum wage. Not easy. :(

It goes further than that though for me. It means that if I push my staff who are on say £18k up to £20k to meet the new minimum wage, I also have to push my staff on £20k up to £22k, so they're a little ahead, to create some sort of merit/responsibility wage structure. I'm having to give mass pay rises not just to those on anywhere near minimum wage. Not easy. :(

Yep I understand exactly what you're saying...what's the point in me paying to attend courses to get my qualifications up if I'm no better off than the guys who don't do it....why would I take a job with more responsibilities if the differentials aren't there..?