Its the labour party for me.

I dont have any wealth. I have no disposable income from £30,000 a year.

Im taxed to the hilt already.

Everytime i get a few extra quid someone takes it.

try doing that on 16 grand, like the tories are doing

Because we have people using food banks

And within the same city we have people driving Mercedes cars

If someone has a spare £30,000 for a car then surely it would be better for society as a whole if that person with the Merc paid a little more in taxes to help the people using the food bank

Interesting conversation on LBC this morning about rail privatisation, many of Britain’s rail franchises are already owned and operated by state-owned companies – from Germany, the Netherlands and France, who apparently are wheeling in big bucks with profits that are flowing back to their countries, funding public transport and spending across Europe.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/british-taxpayers-subsidising-european-train-9556521

Edited by crazybaby

If someone has a spare £30,000 for a car then surely it would be better for society as a whole if that person with the Merc paid a little more in taxes to help the people using the food bank

Have you ever thought the car may not belong to them? For years I had a travelling role; technical sales rep, account manager, business development type roles. My employer chose my car even though I got taxed heavily on it. The company had certain cars for certain roles, all to do with appearance (read status) and customer perception etc.

When you talk about a devided society we have the perfect example within this very city

One could get on a bus near Millhouses park and be within beautiful surroundings if you sit on the bus for 5 minutes going out towards Dore/Whirlow

Yet 5 minutes the other way and its a different story

The devide within society all seen just be being on a bus for 10 minutes

So you're punishing the hard working and the prosperous?

Why should someone who has worked hard to succeed have to give their money to the people who are not as successful? no thank you

I dont have as much money as my neighbour...does that entitle me to his property? absolutely not.

Food banks seem to be the go to argument for liberals at the moment. There is no data on why these people are using food banks.

People can survive on benefits. Ive done it myself. But i had to sacrifice having no fancy TV, no sky, no fancy phone, no drugs, no drink, no ps4, no pets, no nights out, no holidays, no car, no nice clothes ......and certainly no children.

If you want hose thinsg then your gonbna struggle on benefits and may need to use a food bank. But have you tired selling your 50" TV first....i bet they didnt

Edited by SkylinePhoto

In this day and age, I daresay most Merc/BMW/Audi/etc. drivers "own" those on PCP deals, wherein the car is hardly representative of their wealth, more like of their credit worthiness. Won't be long before they have to pay an extra 10% import duty on them, so fear not.

I drive a (-n old, 2007) Merc, I'm not replacing it until either we're gone from the UK or it dies, whichever comes first. And it's not a big or flash one. If peeps (or their employer) want to get in hock for £300 to £500 pm for life to drive the latest and greatest, more power to them. Personally, I like owing nothing to no one, and doing with my property as I please (rather than wonder if a next family trip is going to take a hit on the agreed mileage/forecast end value).

As the sole breadwinner with a wife and teenager in tow, I'm taxed enough as it is, thanks. According to the HMRC calculator, I actually pay £7k more a year in income tax (the annual total of which is comfortably into double figures, and before I mention NI), than if my salary was earned half by me and half by my wife.

Change the taxation basis, so that I pay the exact same as a couple on the same total pay (combined), to balance out household income taxation, and you'll find me open to talks about an extra % or more, depending on what's on offer for the extra blood sucking.

But in the meantime, you and No.11 and all the others can either get by with what you're getting at 45%, and I'll be happy enough to leave things as is...or get 46% (or however much more according to St Corbyn) of nothing. Your choice.

Edited by L00b

What if they are driving a Mercedes and using a food bank?

What if that person decides they are paying enough tax already seeing half of their money vanish and decide to move to another country?

Are you sill talking about Brexit? The EU requirements are for free movement of labour.

We have no obligation to allow the free movement of the unemployed, never have had.

If that is true, then can you confirm that the hundeds if not thousands of immigrants of working age that have come into Page Hall and elsewhere are in gainfull employment?

If that is true, then can you confirm that the hundeds if not thousands of immigrants of working age that have come into Page Hall and elsewhere are in gainfull employment?

I think that all EU citizens on benefits should be given 6 months to find gainful employment or then all state benefits will stop.

If they want to work then awesome....if they dont then they can move to an EU country that still has a very attractive benefits system.