National Insurance increase a possible if Tories get in.

Guest sibon

which was when the Tories were in power.

I don't think that Heath was ever truly in power.

He had a minority government i think and ended up calling an election and Harold Wilson then won.That takes me back the seventies, eating my tea at the kitchen table with a candle lighting up the kitchen and the family huddled round the gas cooker with all the rings on trying to stay warm.It seemed like an adventure as a kid but i wouldnt like it now,i am all electric with no gas.:hihi:

I know a lot of self employed and when this raise of NI reared its head a while ago , most of them said an extra cash in hand job would cover the rise

All the self employed tradesmen i know do more cash jobs than the ones they put through the books.A few make sure they can still get tax credits.

As I understand it, a self-employed person on average earnings currently pays 9% NI, an employed person pays 12%. So the increase wouldn't necessarily mean self-employed paying more NI than employed, it could just mean they pay the same - is this right?