Why won't the Tories talk about policies?

Well in this election there are two very different sides.

Looks like the centre-right consensus that new Labour helped build is dead, and you have Labour positioning to the left of that rotting carcass and the Tories to the right of it. Both have gone through a kind of phase of reinvention.

Back to gold old British left vs right ding dongs, for better or worse.

I suppose it's too much to ask they just concentrate on their own policies and dispense with slagging all the others off. If there's one thing that does my crust it's the incessant name calling and belittling that goes on.

I suppose it's too much to ask they just concentrate on their own policies and dispense with slagging all the others off. If there's one thing that does my crust it's the incessant name calling and belittling that goes on.

Indeed. It hasn't yet reached the lows of the referendum campaign but one really bad week for either party and the mud will start flying. Disappointing.

I agree, but to be honest it seems to be very one-way. It seems to be the Tories that do most of the name calling and belittling.

The right wing press have had a field day with Mr Corbyn, and have well and truly poisoned a large section of the electorate. It's been personal and vindictive. I have seen nothing to match it coming in the other direction.

As Corbyn has increased in popularity and become more of a threat, the press have become even more visceral. It's been quite disgraceful.

I agree, but to be honest it seems to be very one-way. It seems to be the Tories that do most of the name calling and belittling.

The right wing press have had a field day with Mr Corbyn, and have well and truly poisoned a large section of the electorate. It's been personal and vindictive. I have seen nothing to match it coming in the other direction.

As Corbyn has increased in popularity and become more of a threat, the press have become even more visceral. It's been quite disgraceful.

The vitriol that Corbyn is taking from the media endures me to him even more.

The fear that the media establishment funded by a corrupt and wealthy elite have for him speaks volumes. The bloke is doing something right in my opinion.

The vitriol that Corbyn is taking from the media endures me to him even more.

The fear that the media establishment funded by a corrupt and wealthy elite have for him speaks volumes. The bloke is doing something right in my opinion.

Both quoted for truth.

During the 2015 election I spoke to a group of Tories when I asked them about their policies they went quite and doged any questions I asked. Im guessing​ it will be the same again love to melt it out but rubbish in answering a simple question of policy.

During the 2015 election I spoke to a group of Tories when I asked them about their policies they went quite and doged any questions I asked. Im guessing​ it will be the same again love to melt it out but rubbish in answering a simple question of policy.

We're was that? They're rarer than rocking horse **** in public. Big time on internet forums though!

Edited by JNewton69
They're

It doesnt win elections though.

People like to have their own side supported and also point out the weaknesses n the opposition. More effective than just being positive. Its all over anyway. Doubt there been a bigger mismatch at a GE for many years.

It doesnt win elections though.

People like to have their own side supported and also point out the weaknesses n the opposition. More effective than just being positive. Its all over anyway. Doubt there been a bigger mismatch at a GE for many years.

Are you another SF Tory?