Why won't the Tories talk about policies?

It doesnt win elections though.

People like to have their own side supported and also point out the weaknesses n the opposition. More effective than just being positive. Its all over anyway. Doubt there been a bigger mismatch at a GE for many years.

There's pointing out weaknesses in the opposition's position, and then there's out and out personal abuse and name calling.

Unfortunately, Jeremy Corbyn won't stoop to these levels, which put him at a distinct disadvantage in this media headline grabbing world, but I'd rather have a leader with a moral compass I can respect, and who puts policy before all, than a party who rely on their media chums and purile character assassination.

There's pointing out weaknesses in the opposition's position, and then there's out and out personal abuse and name calling.

Unfortunately, Jeremy Corbyn won't stoop to these levels, which put him at a distinct disadvantage in this media headline grabbing world, but I'd rather have a leader with a moral compass I can respect, and who puts policy before all, than a party who rely on their media chums and purile character assassination.

I've never been keen on cocky buggers and the Tories are definitely riding high on a wave of confidence. I'm probably duty bound to vote for them given my stance on Europe but I wouldn't be that disappointed if Labour sprang a shock for the reasons you've given.

I'm probably duty bound to vote for them given my stance on Europe...

Your stance on Europe is to behave like an obnoxious spoiled brat?

Sorry, I'd had you pegged as relatively reasonable. Must have you confused with somebody else. :?

I've never been keen on cocky buggers and the Tories are definitely riding high on a wave of confidence. I'm probably duty bound to vote for them given my stance on Europe but I wouldn't be that disappointed if Labour sprang a shock for the reasons you've given.

The only difference between Labour and Tory stances on Europe is that Labour are willing to negotiate on the terms of exit whereas the Tories want to have their demands met before they approach the negotiation table.

Brexit was voted for by over 50% of the British public and both parties have promised to respect that result. The Tories are being bullish and are being goaded into that position by the right wing of their party and the main stream media. The Labour Party have no pre-conditions to negotiation.