Mrs Warburton - maths teacher

• 5 months later...
did anyone have this math teacher at newfields girls school?

Hi

Yes I had Mrs Warburton for both maths & she was my form teacher. I was terrified of her when I first went into her class. She was one of those people whom could be described as larger than life. However I found her to be a lovely person & a bloody good teacher. However she did not stand any nonsense. She would have been my teacher at Newfield around 1963 or 4 I think.

Janet Olsen

Yes I too had Mrs Warburton, she was my form tutor either in the 3rd or fourth year. She was the one who really had the patience and with her Maths fell in to place with me. I had Mrs Fletcher before that, we were so afraid of her that I don't thing anybody learnt anything only how to use a ruler. I left Newfield in 1966.

• 6 years later...

what was your name in school, I had the same teachers as you, my name was Pat Naylor

---------- Post added 10-10-2013 at 14:02 ----------

I started there in 1960 and left in '64. I remember taking my math paper to her desk and her putting a big red X on it because I got one problem wrong, but yes, when I left she was the one I respected most because she MADE us learn the math....a very good teacher.

Yes, I had Mrs warburton for maths. I was at Newfield from 61 to 65. We were all frightened of her , a real old style teacher but she was an excellent teacher. I remember she was always advising us to learn to use comptometers as they were called then, how right she was, here we all are on our computers!

I had Mrs Warburton for Maths for 2 years I think I left in '69. Mrs Warburton was a lovely woman and a great teacher. Mrs Fletcher was a horrible woman ...............as you say, taught everyone to make a cardboard ruler! Why? When we already had a real one! I was terrified of her!

I had mrs. warburton for maths and I also was terrified of her. if you put your basket in the aisle she would kick it out of the way and if she caught you yawning she would open the window and make you stick your head out for 5 mins.

• 1 month later...

I went to Newfield at the same time and remember Mrs Warburton & Mrs Fletcher talk about Dragons Den, also remember Miss Wood French teacher, Mrs Payling...Music she was ill and in a wheelchair, What about Miss Topliss, and her sausage dog anybody got anymore?

• 4 weeks later...
I went to Newfield at the same time and remember Mrs Warburton & Mrs Fletcher talk about Dragons Den, also remember Miss Wood French teacher, Mrs Payling...Music she was ill and in a wheelchair, What about Miss Topliss, and her sausage dog anybody got anymore?

what was your name in school, mine is pat naylor, i hung around with doreen turner. i was in the porter group at that time (blue) i've been trying to find people from school, so far i've found josephine and kay nicholson and mary murphy. i live in the USA now. one time on a visit i think the person sitting across from me on the bus might have been jennifer burrell, but wasnt sure. what year did you start and leave there? i started in 1960 left in 1964 do you remember the gym teacher? can't think of her name! i remember going to hockey practice on saturday morning and think it was mrs warburton who did that. remember miss crooks? she taught english literature, poetry and such.

pat

Archived