Lack of Nurses now at dangerous level

40,000 Nursing Vacancies. The figure has doubled since 2013. And is now at dangerous levels. Lots of Money being wasted on Agency nurses.

Speculation on ITV News says it's down to unprecedented levels of stress, fall in wages in real terms, and lack of burseries.

No doubt the Tories will tell you x amount of money has gone into the NHS, so what's gone wrong? Once again the figures just don't add up...

Ordinary jobs aren't exciting enough for a lot of kids, (although I think nursing is exciting.) And forget vocational jobs.

Big money has corrupted a lot of their ideas about the real world.

It's a big problem.

Good to see that you're keeping the standards up. ;)

It is the lowest form of wit.

---------- Post added 14-05-2017 at 19:01 ----------

Ordinary jobs aren't exciting enough for a lot of kids, (although I think nursing is exciting.) And forget vocational jobs.

Big money has corrupted a lot of their ideas about the real world.

It's a big problem.

Too true Anna B.

When I was a kid all the lasses wanted to be nurses,now it's models,wags,reality celebrities,x factor singers or loadsa kids.

not true, my youngest whos about to leave school wants to go into caring or teaching

40,000 Nursing Vacancies. The figure has doubled since 2013. And is now at dangerous levels. Lots of Money being wasted on Agency nurses.

Speculation on ITV News says it's down to unprecedented levels of stress, fall in wages in real terms, and lack of burseries.

No doubt the Tories will tell you x amount of money has gone into the NHS, so what's gone wrong? Once again the figures just don't add up...

The level of stress on the wards is horrendous. Can't see why anyone would want to be a nurse, it's all stress, paperwork and covering your back against potential complaints.