Asda stopping selling loose fruit and veg.

Will you still use Asda or change supermarkets?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Will you still use Asda or change supermarkets?

• Yes will change, I don't like wasting food.
    • No the veg is cheap enough to throw excess away.
    • Will still use Asda but go elsewhere for fruit and veg.

But are they the same price as the loose ones, they usually charge more per kg/lb for bagged.

Not always.

I have seen situations where the bagged have been cheaper......

..... which leads me on to the removal of weighing scales that used to allow you to compare prices.

I only needed one onion so simply ripped open the bag, removed an onion and paid for the single item.

In related news apparently Britons throw away 1.4 million edible bananas every day.

Some chap on a Facebook video ripped open a bag of banana's and when he scanned them on the self serve they came up cheaper than the quid sticker on the bag. Rip-off packed stuff.

:huh:

Hmmm...

... well this all seems a bit silly to me.

When you buy fruit and veg loose from a market you don't get a best before date, do you?

And you throw it away when 'you' decide it's no longer fit to eat.

So why would anyone throw away packaged fruit and veg just because the packaging tells them to?

I don't get it! :confused:

You can buy 1, or 2 or 3 if you buy it lose. Buy it pre packed and perhaps the only choice is 4 or 6, meaning you won't use it before it's not good.

I don't tend to shop at Asda. I bin fruit and veg when it starts going off.

---------- Post added 16-05-2017 at 06:45 ----------

:huh:

So why would anyone throw away packaged fruit and veg just because the packaging tells them to?

I don't get it! :confused:

Because some people are daft, and like to waste stuff.

The Real Junk Food project and The Food Hall in Sheffield are really good at they save food from being wasted and make it available to the public.:)

So you got to buy a pack, a family can get them eaten in a day or two, a single person that likes fruit, 3/4 days, they'll last that long easy if chilled. There's markets if you want one or two but even there people get a selection 3 or 4 each, apples, oranges, bananas so I see no difference.