Ian Brady Dead At Last

Apart from Hitler and a few other mass murdering scumbags, has there ever been a more despicable human being than Brady?

It offends me to think that he was allowed so many privileges in prison, such as being able to access books and indeed to write books, and also to enter into voluminous correspondences with people outside.

You're entitled to your opinions of course but seeking to prevent everyone else reading it (if that's what you were doing) just because you don't like it, is a bit off.

Any desire I may have on an intellectual, macabre, or plain curious level to read this book is overshadowed by the desire not to give this excuse for a human being the kudos he so greatly craved, neither in life nor in death.

Horribleblob,

The pair of them the personification of true evil.

I heard on the wireless that the Coroner's request sadly cannot be enforced.

In addition, I read that Brady has an autobiography ready for publication after his death.

I didn't know that....From what I've read about him over the last few days he was obsessed with Hitler, and liked to torture animals from a young age - perhaps an early indicator of his psychopathy, and complete lack of empathy.

Other than from an academic 'inside the mind of a serial killer' perspective, I can't see the merit in having his autobiography published. I don't necessarily want to ban books, but felt uncomfortable to learn that he already had a book published....perhaps it's that sense of not wanting to give an audience to his grandstanding.

Hitler had a book published 'Mein Kampf'. My Struggle. I suspect, like Hitler, Brady's autobiography will be a 'poor me' account of his life. Even more reason not to want to read it.

Edited by Mister M

this is an interesting read on him by somebody who knew him a little bit and wasnt biased either way

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39925965

I wouldn't want to know Brady in any capacity whatsoever. The thought of breathing the same air as him makes me shudder. It is depressing to think that apparently he had a kind of fan club of people who wrote to him regularly, and even sent him presents and cards.

I wouldn't want to know Brady in any capacity whatsoever. The thought of breathing the same air as him makes me shudder. It is depressing to think that apparently he had a kind of fan club of people who wrote to him regularly, and even sent him presents and cards.

this article paints the contact nothing at all like that, the article even debunks a couple of the myths that surround him and funnily enough some of the victims families were involved in the contact with him / the journalist.

Mr M,

I agree with you entirely. What I have read about his character paints a picture of a sadist desiring intellectual recognition. I've read that he played up that charade all the time with his custodians.

I certainly have no desire to wade through his autobiography. For me, Hindley and Brady were examples of innate evil.

Edited by petemcewan