SHEFFIELD =Worst city ??

Couldn't you do that whilst living in Bradfield?

This is exactly what I do living in Bradfield. However the closest amenities are either Stocksbridge which I don't mind or Hillsborough which is different story.

Plus my work still takes me into many parts of the city which I cannot avoid unfortunately, if I can transfer to working over there I would not need to go to a city in my work day as it would cover surrounding rural and coastal towns only.

It's a no Brainer to me, I get people like sheffield, I am just not one if them and am not proud to say this is where I am from

Edited by lubylou12

This is an utter non-story. It's using criteria such as OFSTED rankings (how efficiently a given school cheats their GCSE results) and crime figures (how inefficiently the police force records crime) to make up some nonsense. Sheffield is a wonderful city and I wouldn't bring my kids up anywhere else.

I'm with lubylou12 I also dislike Sheffield even though I live in the nice side of the city. My main reason is a dislike of towns in general. I really should have moved years ago but I feel it's too late now to start afresh

What Sheffield lacks is a central focal point a place of attraction where people can visit and come together.

The Peace Gardens are all well and good but it's all concrete and slabs and apart from the fountains have nothing.

Hull has it's marina, close to the city centre and shopping area and will also have a new £36m conference, entertainment centre too boot.

Sheffield is such an un-cordinated (sp?) city centre from the Moor down to the old markets with no main real attraction or focal point to speak of.

It sounds like for some at least Sheffield can't do right for doing wrong.

At the moment the city centre is undergoing huge change, and based on the changes so far (such as the Peace Gardens and Tudor Square), there is a lot to be optimistic about.