Who's at fault here in this car crash

Who was at fault for this crash?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Who was at fault for this crash?

• White car
    • Black car
    • Other answer

The white car was on the inside lane and is free to go either left on to M1N or go straight ahead toward Rotherham. The driver of the white car choose to go straight ahead toward Rotherham and is perfectly entitled to do so and that is exactly what it was doing.

The black car was in middle lane and going by the video was attempting to turn left toward M1N by crossing into the path of any traffic going toward Rotherham on the inside lane. The black car was totally in the wrong lane to make that sort of manoeuvre. The road marking for the middle lane clearly state you can only go straight ahead toward Bawtry / M1S. They are NOT allowed to go M1N from the middle lane.

100% black car fault.

The road marking for M1N with the arrow pointing straight ahead is wrong. It should be pointing to the left. Even so, this was not the cause of the accident.

No He Didn't

Watch the video. Tell me where he left his lane?

Tell me where the white car left the lane. That's right - at the point of collision.

At 10 secs onward you can see that the Audi is in a lane marked M1S.

At the point of the collision the Audi is attempting to go towards the M1N, not the M1S.

At 10 secs onward the white car is in a lane marked as left/straight on M1N/R'Ham

At the point of the collision the white car is attempting to go straight on.

Clearly the Audi wanted to go onto the M1N, but chose either deliberately or in error to approach the roundabout in a lane for the M1S.

Why they would choose that option is beyond me, but I guess that's how accidents happen.

---------- Post added 18-05-2017 at 13:02 ----------

WHITE CAR NO DOUBT! in the wrong lane

Not for M1N/R'Ham.

Edited by SnailyBoy

After seeing the folks I often go home via Shepcote Lane and onto the M1 North.

Almost every single time I'm in the middle lane here (M1N):

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.4124092,-1.402716,3a,75y,44.74h,82.37t/data=!3m5!1e1!3m3!1sm01gSF1nEtQwMw7b86lsag!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo0.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3Dm01gSF1nEtQwMw7b86lsag%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D145.80037%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100

to go under the viaduct there's been someone in either lane to the left or right of me who has tried to get away first at the lights to go the same way.

So to those accusing the white car be to blame..

What lane are you saying he should have approached the roundabout in if he intended to go straight ahead and take the 2nd exit?

Are you trying to say he should have been in the same lane as the black car, even though that lane doesn't take him to that exit?

So to those accusing the white car be to blame..

What lane are you saying he should have approached the roundabout in if he intended to go straight ahead and take the 2nd exit?

Are you trying to say he should have been in the same lane as the black car, even though that lane doesn't take him to that exit?

I've asked that several times but up to now have had no answer...

I think the ones that say the white car is to blame (I am one), mainly mean the roadsigns are at fault primarily and the white car is being an idiot to follow them.

Say you were a stranger to the area which lane would you have used to go to Magna?

I think the ones that say the white car is to blame (I am one), mainly mean the roadsigns are at fault primarily and the white car is being an idiot to follow them.

Great idea, let's just follow the road signs which we think should be there :loopy:

Say you were a stranger to the area which lane would you have used to go to Magna?

If I may add to that, which lane should be used for the M1N?