Who's at fault here in this car crash

Who was at fault for this crash?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Who was at fault for this crash?

• White car
    • Black car
    • Other answer

It's definitely the white cars fault as he has crossed lanes without indicating or allowing enough time for himself or others to react.

If the white car wanted to proceed straight on, he should have monovered to the central lane earlier on the approach to the roundabout. To correct the error, the white car should have continued to the next roundabout and come back round.

No, the black car should not have attempted to go left.

The white car was in the correct lane to go straight ahead as the earlier arrows on the road demonstrate.

---------- Post added 26-05-2017 at 17:39 ----------

The point being if a person doesn't stop to say 'I've got a dashcam and captured it', then it they'll never know about it.

I don't think in the article it says whether either crashed car got hold of this footage, for example.

That wasn't the point being made at all.

I'm afraid that I've got to disagree that this thread proves that dash cams are useful. People have interpreted the footage of this particular incident in whichever way they deem fit, proof and facts have had little bearing on people's views.

That was the point made and the point I replied to.

Edited by Cyclone

No, the black car should not have attempted to go left.

The white car was in the correct lane to go straight ahead as the earlier arrows on the road demonstrate.

---------- Post added 26-05-2017 at 17:39 ----------

Nope! Definitely white car's fault.

It's definitely the white cars fault as he has crossed lanes without indicating or allowing enough time for himself or others to react.

If the white car wanted to proceed straight on, he should have monovered to the central lane earlier on the approach to the roundabout. To correct the error, the white car should have continued to the next roundabout and come back round.

:suspect::gag::confused:

Please make it stop!

40% of the poll voters are blaming the white car. Scarey isn't it!!!

Based on what I can see in that video, yes (I haven't voted in the poll...)

I couldn't read the second set of written markings on the road from that footage because of the angle of the sun on the road.

On the slip road, there is a lane marking that the white car crossed whilst starting to flash his indicator - he must have thought he was changing lanes...

From the lane markings at that point it looks like the lane the black car was in could either carry on round the roundabout or go off onto the slip road.

I don't drive that road very often, but that shouldn't make a difference - it should be clear from the markings! I think this thread has shown this not to be the case...

HEY...How about they are BOTH in the wrong..?

Neither one is to blame purely on the ROAD markings.

It's a No Fault accident...These things happen. !

The road markings don't help an unwary motorist though..;)

I didn't see who you replied to as no quote and was a new page.

You referred to max who quoted this post...

I've also decided to get a dash cam - i think this thread proves their worth.

And my point to include you and kidley was that this cam wasn't in either crash vehicle.

Anyway moving on.

-

I used this twice today, and it really does need an overhead gantry or something earlier on. The whole thing is a mess really especially for out of towners. In both times today someone was in the wrong lane.