New wheel on wheelie bin

I can get a new bin for around £30, but its just the tyre that has come off.

A new wheel is £7 on ebay, but I cannot see how it comes off. There is a spring loaded wheel video online, but I cannot see any holes where this spring should be.

It has a metal axle, anyone else had this issue?

It's not your bin.

If the bin is defective then it's up to WDC to replace it I would expect.

There's an undertone of hardassedness in your posts. Bet you're not like that in person.

You think I really care one iota what you think?

However I do care that El Cid doesn't spend his hardearned unnecessarily - and hence I take the time to tell him that WDC should and will replace it for him quite quickly and without trouble or cost. I don't see you doing that.

NEDDC did for me. The fact there appared to be a dedicated van with a collection of new and knackered bins suggested it wasnt unusual.

Certainly Leeds council have a similar arrangement and my understanding Wakefield do as well.

Certainly Leeds council have a similar arrangement and my understanding Wakefield do as well.

I am sorting this for a friend in Leeds, both Wakefield and Leeds charge for bins, Leeds do not seem to repair bins for free, Wakefield do.