New wheel on wheelie bin

Leeds certainly did swap bins that were damaged for free in October last year because I got mine changed. Have they given any reason why?

I think there policy on charges changed about a month ago.

It's quite easy to do away with the wheels altogether and convert the wheelie bin to a 'Maglev Bin™'.

Simply bolt electro-magnets to the bottom of it, lay 3-phase armoured cable under your pathway of choice, inform the National Grid, and Bob's your uncle!

As an indulgence, bolt a turbo-fan, or small aeroplane engine (or Everglades airboat engine, as I did) to the lid for extra speedy forward/reverse propulsion.

Do it yourself, or buy the conversion kit off me, stating 'Blue' or 'Black'. :thumbsup:

I've still got my original bin, would it be the early 90s? Is it an antique?

I've replaced the lid pivot pins several times with 1/2" dowel, but now there's a split that's developing in the side-wall.

Is it a bit like triggers broom?

:)

My wheelie bin is a 1994 Detritus Storagewagon and has had only 1 very careful owner.

It's still in it's original condition with no gaudy personalised number plate, and shows no sign of weathering to its impeccable bodywork.

It's done very few miles for it's age as it lives very close to the kerb in it's own little garage, and is admired by all the neighbours who bring their own much younger receptacles out onto the street to see it once every 2 weeks.

It's never let me down and is always there when I need it, but I do worry that some brute of a binman refuse collection operative will one day be too heavy-handed with his ejaculator and damage my little piece of history beyond repair... :(

Ah ah! Mine's a 1993 model and says MGB "Made in Yorkshire" on the lid, plus a small stamp in German. It is displayed outdoors on "Antiques Roadshow" once every two weeks.

Trigg's broom is a bit too "thick" and the lid would become unhinged!

Edited by carosio