Tory Manifesto on Social Care.

Andrew Neil is struggling to get a straight answer from Mrs May,but she is "very clear" that things remain as stated in the manifesto.

No U turn!

Could it be a screeching ,rubber burning hand brake turn?

Edited by RJRB

My own thoughts re the issue is that the Dilnot findings on Social Care could possibly lay the foundations for a consensus between the parties....I hope that the Tories come round to the idea.

---------- Post added 22-05-2017 at 22:41 ----------

Strong and Stable leadership my arse ;)

I knew that catchphrase would come back and bite her on the arse. Wonder if we'll hear more about the 'strong and stable' sound bite.

I knew that catchphrase would come back and bite her on the arse. Wonder if we'll hear more about the 'strong and stable' sound bite.

‘Clueless And Deluded’ should be her new catchphrase.

To be fair, Andrew Neil is a formidable and relentless interviewer, who can make anybody look bad. Just a pity that Mrs May hadn't had more practise at standing her corner.

Looking forward to the rest of the interviews this week.

Mays manifesto commitment on school breakfasts allows only 7p per child per day for breakfast.

Bread and water if the kids are lucky!

If it's costing a tenth of the cost of providing the free school lunches, does that mean each school lunch costs 70p? I thought the allowance was £2.30? Where does the £600m cost for the free school meals for primary schools come from? My calculation puts it at over £2billion.

To be fair, Andrew Neil is a formidable and relentless interviewer, who can make anybody look bad. Just a pity that Mrs May hadn't had more practise at standing her corner.

Obviously not had her 3 shredded wheat.

If it's costing a tenth of the cost of providing the free school lunches, does that mean each school lunch costs 70p? I thought the allowance was £2.30? Where does the £600m cost for the free school meals for primary schools come from? My calculation puts it at over £2billion.

I'm going back a while the TV chef Jamie Oliver did a programme about making school meals healthier it was mentioned the allowance allowed for each meal at that time it was a one pound. It may have changed .

I'm going back a while the TV chef Jamie Oliver did a programme about making school meals healthier it was mentioned the allowance allowed for each meal at that time it was a one pound. It may have changed .

This states that it is £2.30

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/universal-infant-free-school-meals-guide-for-schools-and-local-authorities

There were 4.62 million primary school children as of Jan 2016.

Feeding all of them a free school meal at £2.30 a meal would cost just over £2billion. Nobody is suggesting that is will cost this much, but this is the method they have used to calculate the Tory's breakfast pledge would cost 7p a breakfast.

Am I missing something?

It's what the manifesto says. Obviously wrong and obviously not correctly costed