Tory Manifesto on Social Care.

And how is it going to be paid for after the event? Can you imagine?

Carers come and go, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day for 15 minutes. Not often the same one 2 days running. Some times they turn up sometimes they don't. Sometimes 30 minutes or an hour has been paid for but they only stay 10 minutes etc. Bearing in mind this will be costing at least £20 an hour, 7 days a week, possibly going on for years Every case will be different.

So after the person has died and the house is sold, how will anyone know what the final bill should be, going back possibly years?

What an open cheque book opportunity that will be.....

What about when one partner in a couple dies, but by that point there is a massive charge against the property. The survivor

1. Can't Sell the house without paying the charge

2. Has their options for equity release curtailed

It's a despicable policy

And how is it going to be paid for after the event? Can you imagine?

Carers come and go, sometimes 3 or 4 times a day for 15 minutes. Not often the same one 2 days running. Some times they turn up sometimes they don't. Sometimes 30 minutes or an hour has been paid for but they only stay 10 minutes etc. Bearing in mind this will be costing at least £20 an hour, 7 days a week, possibly going on for years Every case will be different.

So after the person has died and the house is sold, how will anyone know what the final bill should be, going back possibly years?

What an open cheque book opportunity that will be.....

Trust me the bill will be big care homes for example £600 per week , carers bill around £50 per week prices vary from company to company sky's the limit.

What about when one partner in a couple dies, but by that point there is a massive charge against the property. The survivor

1. Can't Sell the house without paying the charge

2. Has their options for equity release curtailed

It's a despicable policy

Good point. Though I don't think the remaining partner has to sell up to be fair, and it will be up to the children to clear up the mess afterwards, but you raise another point, what if both need care? Will they get charged double? In which case it will be £40 an hour. If the carer just makes 2 cups of tea instead of one it's going to be a mighty expensive cup of tea....

Good point. Though I don't think the remaining partner has to sell up to be fair, and it will be up to the children to clear up the mess afterwards, but you raise another point, what if both need care? Will they get charged double? In which case it will be £40 an hour. If the carer just makes 2 cups of tea instead of one it's going to be a mighty expensive cup of tea....

I know they don't have to sell but what if they want to? They can't.

It's just a ridiculous pantomime, with shouty young Tory boys fresh in from murdering foxes.

I gave up after a bit, if I want a room full of people shouting at each other I'll visit family ;)

The choice is becoming clearer though. Either give lots of money to labour when I'm alive or most of it to the tories when I'm dead.

Yay.

It all seems contrary to the Conservative mantra of aspiration and home ownership.

Perhaps renting is the way forward,as long as someone is building the properties to rent.

I'm hoping not to go away from my own thread,but the other policy from the Cameron Osborn era that I thought ridiculous was to allow the freedom to cash in ones pension provision.How does this encourage responsible saving for retirement?

It only works for those with enough wealth so as not to require a pension.

It all seems contrary to the Conservative mantra of aspiration and home ownership.

Perhaps renting is the way forward,as long as someone is building the properties to rent.

I'm hoping not to go away from my own thread,but the other policy from the Cameron Osborn era that I thought ridiculous was to allow the freedom to cash in ones pension provision.How does this encourage responsible saving for retirement?

It only works for those with enough wealth so as not to require a pension.

Well that's the Tories for you. Have you not noticed their policies tend to only work for the benefit of the wealthy, especially the very wealthy?