Tory Manifesto on Social Care.

And where will they get the money from to pay for it?

It needs to be paid for one way or another, it's either whilst you're alive or when you are dead.

---------- Post added 22-05-2017 at 11:00 ----------

Whats the difference? You'd rather pay for it now rather than when you are dead?

This is about helping your children. I want to leave them a small legacy when I die.

---------- Post added 22-05-2017 at 11:12 ----------

But I'm not a carer. I'm an employee, employed by my mother (or my sister, I've yet to work it out) and my fee is £200 per visit (maybe more - it might be £1k), paid for by mothers estate. Now if I choose to sub out that work, who will stop me? The government, a fair chunk of whom employ relatives themselves? They can **** right off and see me in court.

Mmm might work, but remember looking after an old person 24/7 is a huge job to take on and very physical, and you might well be into your 70's by then. That's why people have to employ carers.

This is about helping your children. I want to leave them a small legacy when I die.

---------- Post added 22-05-2017 at 11:12 ----------

Mmm might work, but remember looking after an old person 24/7 is a huge job to take on and very physical, and you might well be into your 70's by then. That's why people have to employ carers.

Which is what I'll do! Sub contracting Anna - if it's good enough for the government (of any colour) it's good enough for me!

Let me get this right, some of you think a Labour government would let everyone sit on their hard or even not so hard earned assets while their care is funded by the state :huh: Yeah right !

There are thousands of people employed in care in the UK many of them on minimum wage, get those people earning more and the cost of care rises too, some of you need to realise that the roller coaster goes round and round not just up and down !

I think I'd rather see National Insurance contributions rise with a view to care in old age being 'free.' Like its original purpose.

I agree, I'd happily pay extra to fund care for the elderly.

The Torys would have it so if you're born with nothing then you'll die with nothing, and leave nothing by memories for your kids.

And where will they get the money from to pay for it?

It needs to be paid for one way or another, it's either whilst you're alive or when you are dead.

---------- Post added 22-05-2017 at 11:00 ----------

Whats the difference? You'd rather pay for it now rather than when you are dead?

National Insurance is the obvious way to raise it. Not by robbing people of all their money because they came ill

Actually when you think about it this really is a dementia tax. It is designed to fall on people in very specific circumstances.

I guess it's just another marginalised group in society to attack, like immigrants or the disabled or the unemployed.

Only this time it's people who really can't defend themselves, who are losing their minds in a terrifying way for them and their families. It's about as low down and nasty as it's possible to get.

The Tories deserve to be called the nasty party because quite simply that is what they are.

I agree, I'd happily pay extra to fund care for the elderly.

The Torys would have it so if you're born with nothing then you'll die with nothing, and leave nothing by memories for your kids.

Like many people I was born with nothing, I have never sat on savings, I have always worked and I spend what I can on my kids and grandkids while I am living, there are other way's and means. If I leave with nothing I doubt that my kids or grandkids only memories of me will be about leaving them nothing, it's not all about inheritance.

I could tell you a story about ill parents and inheritance and social care but it's far too long and personal to put on here and no Labour government would have made it any different IMHO !

Is there a May U turn in the offing as she appreciates the ground swell of opinion which will affect her support.

More than likely .The more I see of her I think she is more concerned with her own political standing than any principle.

I suppose this was evident in her lack of support for Cameron on the Brexit campaign.

If I leave with nothing I doubt that my kids or grandkids only memories of me will be about leaving them nothing, it's not all about inheritance.

It's not, but if my final act on this earth would be to leave something to give my kids (grand kids) a decent start in their adult life then I'd die a happy man.

Is there a May U turn in the offing as she appreciates the ground swell of opinion which will affect her support.

More than likely .The more I see of her I think she is more concerned with her own political standing than any principle.

I suppose this was evident in her lack of support for Cameron on the Brexit campaign.

She has u-turned, and then blamed the other parties for spreading fake news about the Tory manifesto.

This is after Damien Green said yesterday the policy would not be looked at again.

This is not strong and stable, this is back of the fag packet planning and rank amateurism.

In her Q&A today faced with unscripted questions May looked on the verge of tears a couple of times.

---------- Post added 22-05-2017 at 12:40 ----------

It's not, but if my final act on this earth would be to leave something to give my kids (grand kids) a decent start in their adult life then I'd die a happy man.

You'll have to hope you don't get dementia when a Tory government is in power.

You'll have to hope you don't get dementia when a Tory government is in power.

In the news now they are making another U-turn, something like a cap on costs??

My head is spinning with all the changes in policy these Tory's keep making.