Atheists are more intelligent than Religious people

Still desperately avoiding the santa analogy I see.

I'm sure the thread will end since it's just you arguing with a whole bunch of people who are all trying to explain the same thing to you.

Still struggling to understand basic reasoning I see.

Read the last paragraph of Robin-H's post number 296. He is able to reason and comprehend , you apparently do not possess that ability.

Read the last paragraph of my post number 295.

Now,take a wild guess as to which posters I consider to possess an intellect commensurate to that of a child.

Hillarious, you still think it's me that has a problem understanding things.

Ad Hominem again, do you imagine that it proves you right? How about you prove Santa doesn't exist, then I'll concede that you're right.

“Christianity is a very serious answer to a very serious question.” Atheists need to grapple with The God Question, not hide behind lazy sound bites" (Michael Ruse).

Of course Christianity was used by the atheist Michael Ruse but one could use any of the Abrahamic faiths.

Also, going back to Santa, you can walk into any major university library anywhere in the world, head for the philosophy section, and find shelf upon shelf of books addressing “The God Question.”

Have you ever seen one on Santa or any of the other soundbites used by atheists (FSM/Tooth Fairy et al)? Have you accounted philosophers past and present spending their life work discussing these? NO you have not because it is just typical athiest nonesense.

Unless you're spending time in the childrens section of the local library, no sane adult believes Santa actually exists.

Also, going back to Santa, you can walk into any major university library anywhere in the world, head for the philosophy section, and find shelf upon shelf of books addressing “The God Question.”

Have you ever seen one on Santa or any of the other soundbites used by atheists (FSM/Tooth Fairy et al)? Have you accounted philosophers past and present spending their life work discussing these? NO you have not because it is just typical athiest nonesense.

Unless you're spending time in the childrens section of the local library, no sane adult believes Santa actually exists.

I think you're missing the point - it's not about whether anyone believes in Santa, it's that there's just as much evidence for the existence of Santa as there is for the existence of a deity.

“Christianity is a very serious answer to a very serious question.” Atheists need to grapple with The God Question, not hide behind lazy sound bites" (Michael Ruse).

Of course Christianity was used by the atheist Michael Ruse but one could use any of the Abrahamic faiths.

Michael Ruse needs to understand where the burden of proof lies.

Can you explain why?

Can you prove that Santa doesn't exist?

If not, then why would you expect an atheist to prove that gods don't exist?

What's the justification for the reversal of the burden of proof and if Santa is so obviously fake then why can't you prove it?

---------- Post added 31-05-2017 at 16:43 ----------

By 'Santa', are we talking about the guy that supposedly climbs down every chimney on Christmas Eve to leave presents behind?

Do you know another Santa?

Cos I'm thinking- if climbing down all chimneys on Christmas Eve is a defining characteristic of Santa, then it would seem fairly easy to disprove his existence, empirically, by setting up some kind of scientific measuring devices on a portion of the worlds chimneys on Christmas Eve.

When he fails to appear for the chimneys in question, that would pretty much show that Santa, being the being who climbs down all chimneys, doesn't exist.

Cos I'm thinking- if climbing down all chimneys on Christmas Eve is a defining characteristic of Santa, then it would seem fairly easy to disprove his existence, empirically, by setting up some kind of scientific measuring devices on a portion of the worlds chimneys on Christmas Eve.

When he fails to appear for the chimneys in question, that would pretty much show that Santa, being the being who climbs down all chimneys, doesn't exist.

I think you'll find Santa works in mysterious ways.

Santa is invisible to all recording equipment, and adults. Only children can see him if they believe.