Manchester Arena explosion 22/05/2017

That's really sad. I've been watching the news this evening and the love, compassion and togetherness that people in Manchester have been sharing after last nights terrible events really fill me with hope.

Sorry, but i just feel like the world is an hopeless case nowadays,i have lived through the cold war,the irish troubles and now what we have today,to talk of love when most of the world is fighting and trying to kill each other just seems ridiculous.I just feel anger and hate instead of love,a world of love and compassion and everyone getting on together is just a pipe dream.What we have today is the reality.

Sorry, but i just feel like the world is an hopeless case nowadays,i have lived through the cold war,the irish troubles and now what we have today,to talk of love when most of the world is fighting and trying to kill each other just seems ridiculous.I just feel anger and hate instead of love,a world of love and compassion and everyone getting on together is just a pipe dream.What we have today is the reality.

I can understand that but you're giving in to what they want. We've got more in common and people like him hated that.

I bet my grandparents thought the same in the 1930's when Hitler, Mussolini and General Franco were doing their worst.

---------- Post added 23-05-2017 at 22:48 ----------

Sorry,i am just not feeling that,Good night.

No worries area 51. Good night pal.

Ive always thought that no matter what they did I wouldnt be scared. Wouldnt let it affect my life or take away my freedom.

Im going to a big gig in Manchester on Saturday and I cant lie, I feel completely different about it to how I felt 24 and 1/2 hours ago. I hate that I feel this way, its exactly what the terrorists want :(

Guest sibon
Ive always thought that no matter what they did I wouldnt be scared. Wouldnt let it affect my life or take away my freedom.

Im going to a big gig in Manchester on Saturday and I cant lie, I feel completely different about it to how I felt 24 and 1/2 hours ago. I hate that I feel this way, its exactly what the terrorists want :(

If you mean The Courteeners at Old Trafford, they started with the security fences before the Roses match finished today. I doubt that you will ever attend a safer gig.

Hope you enjoy it.

Don't let them win.

Shocking and upsetting as this incident is...... Even more so when its so close to our doorstep the sad truth is that "terrorism" is not a new story.

The media might like to hype up the islamist bogeymen at the moment fuelled even more so by so called and quite frankly mentally challenged political mouthpieces but the fact is it wasn't that long that it was the IRA and nationalists harming innocent citizens, before that its was right wing european dictators trying to cause harm to the world. Even us English were at it, invading half the world and killing anyone who tried to stop our dictoral empire.

We have to live our lives. These animals will not and cannot stop us!

I was in London shortly after 7/7 happened. The next day most of my colleagues were concerned primarily with whether their tube was running or not. You see people still our in shopping malls. Still travelling on the railways still going on with their business and not letting these people stop them.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Thanks Sibon and ECCOnoob, I know youre both right. Even though we're concerned cancelling has never been an option.

When they stoop so low as to target children, it makes you wonder where it will end. How can we fight them if theyre 100% willing to die for their warped cause.

Thanks Sibon and ECCOnoob, I know youre both right. Even though we're concerned cancelling has never been an option.

When they stoop so low as to target children, it makes you wonder where it will end. How can we fight them if theyre 100% willing to die for their warped cause.

I can't say I wouldn't feel any different if I'm honest. But when I think about it logically (hard I know) I travel up and down motorways an awful lot and over the years lost count of instances where there was a fatality on a road later on in the day or the following day that I had travelled on it. I get in the van none the less.

The security staff will turn up. As will the consessions staff. Hopefully the band will (they're always the flakiest;))You'll have a great time and forget about it.

basically there very worried its a massive network of extremists and worried other attacks are imminent whats worrying to me is its 30 miles away is sheffield next i hope not but who knows .

I am concerned too, I have a daughter and family in Manchester, and she is also a stewardess with an airline based in Manchester, double trouble , potentially. Plus scores of relatives in Sheffield and Chesterfield. I also have a grandson in the Royal Navy. So yes I am more than a little concerned with the events over there, and feel helpless being so far away and being unable to travel right now. Stay safe everyone. We shall overcome these evil ********, eventually.