Manchester Arena explosion 22/05/2017

Some people would say this latest atrocity was extreme.

Saying we have to do something extreme doesn't necessarily mean what I think you thought I meant. I'm saying we may have to do thing's that we might not have done before - or feel slightly uncomfortable with.

What's your interpretation of extreme-ness, within the context of stopping these atrocities?

Keeping a sense of proportion, I think is a good idea. We don't want to start world war 3 over this, or have an emotive knee-jerk reaction and destabilise the world even further (like possiblly Bush did with Iraq in response to 9/11).

That's along the lines of what I felt you may have had in mind.

not at all, i like all the info and you clearly dont want to elaborate ? for some reason known only to you:rolleyes:

---------- Post added 30-05-2017 at 14:00 ----------

oh i think i get the point but its a grey area so clarification would be good, just to be sure:thumbsup:

He/she is trying to make the point that if you want to ban people having rallies outside a mosque, then you MUST ban anyone from having a rally outside the mosque not just Muslims, you the identity of the people holding the rally isn't relevant.

You don't seem to be understanding this. Unless you actually are saying you only want to ban Muslims, and then that's a very different law you are trying to bring in.

He/she is trying to make the point that if you want to ban people having rallies outside a mosque, then you MUST ban anyone from having a rally outside the mosque not just Muslims, you the identity of the people holding the rally isn't relevant.

You don't seem to be understanding this. Unless you actually are saying you only want to ban Muslims, and then that's a very different law you are trying to bring in.

actually who is holding the rally is relevant???? if those holding the rally are inciting hatred, inciting others to kill is very relevant, i was specifically talking about the finsbury park Mosque originally but it seems that can be levelled at other mosques including the manchester one, now if you can show me someone doing the same sort of rallying to kill unbelievers outside a synagogue or church i would agree they should be treated exactly the same and by the way i didnt say ban any rally just the ones inciting hate

actually who is holding the rally is relevant???? if those holding the rally are inciting hatred, inciting others to kill is very relevant, i was specifically talking about the finsbury park Mosque originally but it seems that can be levelled at other mosques including the manchester one, now if you can show me someone doing the same sort of rallying to kill unbelievers outside a synagogue or church i would agree they should be treated exactly the same and by the way i didnt say ban any rally just the ones inciting hate

I can't see why you don't understand this.

It does not matter who is holding the rally

It does not matter who is inciting hatred

If a Christian group are inciting hatred then they've broken the law

If a Muslim group are inciting hatred then they've broken the law

If the local WI are inciting hatred then they've broken the law.

Who is doing the thing isn't relevant. Only the acts they committing are. The EDL incite hatred and violence almost weekly by holding anti-Muslim rallies. Their members are repeatedly arrested, charged and prosecuted. Just like the many Muslims who incite violence and hatred against 'westeners'

I can't see why you don't understand this.

It does not matter who is holding the rally

It does not matter who is inciting hatred

If a Christian group are inciting hatred then they've broken the law

If a Muslim group are inciting hatred then they've broken the law

If the local WI are inciting hatred then they've broken the law.

Who is doing the thing isn't relevant. Only the acts they committing are. The EDL incite hatred and violence almost weekly by holding anti-Muslim rallies. Their members are repeatedly arrested, charged and prosecuted. Just like the many Muslims who incite violence and hatred against 'westeners'

understand perfectly, which is why i said any group no matter who if they are inciting hatred should be charged and locked up and their associates, now it just so happens at the moment its the Muslims that are doing it?

as for the EDl yes lock those idiots up too.

but it never gets done properly does it?? or only the high profile ones do like choudrhy , it should be the supporters also which is all i was getting at?

Where has my post disappeared to?

There was no swearing in it and I can't see any reason for it being removed so would the mod who has removed it please make themselves known and point out why my post has been removed. :huh:

Where has my post disappeared to?

There was no swearing in it and I can't see any reason for it being removed so would the mod who has removed it please make themselves known and point out why my post has been removed. :huh:

Also mine was removed too mayfa. Absolutely shocking decision mods, shame on you, as there was nothing offensive about it at all, and other posters only seemed to agree with the points I made.

---------- Post added 30-05-2017 at 20:40 ----------

Did you follow the thread mafya? I've been out for a few hours, so wondering if the thread went a bit off the rails and our posts got caught up in the cull? Obv. it's a very delicate topic and has personally affected families in Sheffield. Otherwise, can't imagine why they were removed. I sent a support tickdr in, so hopefully we'll get some clarity.

I note that Ms Grande is doing a benefit gig with other artistes at the Manchester arena. Good for her.
..........far too soon! in bad taste for the music industry to promote itself. A lot of people will be upset!

Also mine was removed too mayfa. Absolutely shocking decision mods, shame on you, as there was nothing offensive about it at all, and other posters only seemed to agree with the points I made.

---------- Post added 30-05-2017 at 20:40 ----------

Did you follow the thread mafya? I've been out for a few hours, so wondering if the thread went a bit off the rails and our posts got caught up in the cull? Obv. it's a very delicate topic and has personally affected families in Sheffield. Otherwise, can't imagine why they were removed. I sent a support tickdr in, so hopefully we'll get some clarity.

Didn't follow thread as I was working, probably went off the rails as you say but surprised a mod warning hasn't gone up...