Manchester Arena explosion 22/05/2017

Highly likely, but this will always happen, it is physically impossible to conduct 24/7 surveillance on every person of interest to the security forces. On the radio this morning they were saying that the report into the 7/7 bombings found they would need 200,000 security officers to do this. We simply don't have the resources for that. The security forces are doing an extremely difficult job, failures are devastating in their consequences and success rarely known.

By and large they do a great job with limited resources at stopping the majority of these incidents.

No comfort to the victims, but it's the reality.

it also shows that IS also claim resonsibility, even if its not technically one of their attacks, they got details of the attack wrong, they use all the attacks as propaganda, even if theres only tenous links

---------- Post added 23-05-2017 at 18:59 ----------

sigh, the conspiracy theorists didnt take long to attach themselves to it :(

WARNING - dont watch unless you want to get really annoyed and draw a sharp intake of breath

it also shows that IS also claim resonsibility, even if its not technically one of their attacks, they got details of the attack wrong, they use all the attacks as propaganda, even if theres only tenous links
.......correct! this person may have nothing to do with "head office"..........it could be that he was upset by the artists sexually explicit videos on Utube and the fact that she's American!

Totally lost for words,targeting children is a step way too far,i am angry and upset,the lets all get together and pray is not going to work for me i am afraid,i am a non believer i am just angry.I have no love anymore.:sad:

The UK terror threat level has just been raised to 'critical', the highest it can be.

What a horrible world we're living in.

A security expert on Sky news this morning said "if the threat level is raised we should expect further attacks"

Totally lost for words,targeting children is a step way too far,i am angry and upset,the lets all get together and pray is not going to work for me i am afraid,i am a non believer i am just angry.I have no love anymore.:sad:

That's really sad. I've been watching the news this evening and the love, compassion and togetherness that people in Manchester have been sharing after last nights terrible events really fill me with hope.

A security expert on Sky news this morning said "if the threat level is raised we should expect further attacks"

What the threat levels mean

Threat levels are designed to give a broad indication of the likelihood of a terrorist attack.

LOW means an attack is unlikely.

MODERATE means an attack is possible, but not likely

SUBSTANTIAL means an attack is a strong possibility

SEVERE means an attack is highly likely

CRITICAL means an attack is expected imminently

From the Joint Terrorism Analysis Centre.