How painful is getting your tongue pierced?

Had mine done at Van Shaik's, and didn't feel a thing (until afterwards - was difficult to eat and had a comedy accent for a week or so). Now it feels weird if I take it out, and when it's in I don't even notice it. I also have no ill effects, such as affected speech and neither does anyone else I know who's had it done. :)

I had mine done almost 2yrs ago now... and never regret it... i agree with the above...

I was really nervous thinking i'd chicken out at the last minute due to worrying about the force of the needle going through my tongue... god surely thats gotta hurt... well hand on heart i can honestly say i didnt feel a thing... the girl asked me to poke my tongue out sprayed some stuff on it... the next thing she said was... "just gotta put ya jewellery in now" i replied "uh ith it gung?" (due to my mouth still being open) :hihi: i couldnt believe it was over so quickly and so painless!

The swelling for me came a day after... the first week was a nightmare as the bar was way too big for my mouth i couldnt speak "propley!" and sounded a right din! :hihi: fab living on soup & ice cream for 2 weeks... even tho it took me almost half hour to eat a McFlurry not long after i'd had it done... :roll: but well worth it... the McFlurry not the piercing... nah only teasing! ;)

Now its all sized down i dont even notice i have a tongue bar... miss it when i take it out for whatever reason...

But i will say one thing... always check the balls are done up tight now and again as they do tend to come lose once in a while... i've managed to swallow a couple... :roll:

well its done n not too painful but the bars huge, hopefully wont have to have it in for long

I did not relise how big my bar was till a week, The swelling is swolen more then you think till you take out your 1ft bar, i had to get 3 diffrent size bars till i got to the smallest one and the size differnce was a bit shocking. Was it as bad as you thought then.

I did not relise how big my bar was till a week, The swelling is swolen more then you think till you take out your 1ft bar, i had to get 3 diffrent size bars till i got to the smallest one and the size differnce was a bit shocking. Was it as bad as you thought then.

Its amazing the size of the bar that you have it done with... i had no idea my tongue got so big... :o

I think i went down 2 or 3 sizes... before i felt comfortable with the one i have now...

I went for my first size down just after 2 weeks...

My advice: ensure your balls are tight - I spent about £15 on a GORGEOUS ball and swallowed it the next morning with my breakfast.

Gutted.

Trust me, you don't wanna find yourself in the situation where you're wearing rubber and going through the contents of a bucket with a fork.

Archived