Chinese Cafe London Road

Dont-Ask

With no link to the owners... but 3 of us went into the new Chinese place on London Road tonight, ate some of the best food we have ever had and paid £23 for the pleasure of stuffing my guts!

Well recommended

Yeah, just noticed the other day... the place looks a bit skank, but they do congee so I'm defnitely interested in trying them out and see if they're as good as momma used to make :P

(Oh yes, it looks like they're aiming for the student community... but just looking at it, it does kind of remind me of a HK cafe... )

Hmmm... I thought the newest place was the one just a bit further up called "China Cafe" or something...

Anyway, Tin Po Cafe has closed now... :( I loved the place...

But it's opened up in a bigger place right at the bottom, called Tim Po Moor... :) (Lacks the character of the little caff though...)

Tim Po Moor is as fantastic as the old Tin Po - although I do think the fishtank hasn't been cleaned since it was Muchachas!!

Great for any vegies or vegans, as they do a whole range of fantastic Tofu (Bean Curd) dishes, plus Mock duck/Mock Chicken dishes and unlike some other places, they do cook the beancurd in such a way as to absorb the flavours of the dish fully.

Highly recommended, although the charm and character of the small cafe has been lost somewhat since the move.

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by Squiggs

Great for any vegies or vegans, as they do a whole range of fantastic Tofu (Bean Curd) dishes, plus Mock duck/Mock Chicken dishes and unlike some other places, they do cook the beancurd in such a way as to absorb the flavours of the dish fully.

MMMM yum !!

Where is this place again ?

What's it called ?

Archived