I'm lonely. Very lonely.

Hi.

I have no job. I keep losing then due to an illness.

No family apart from my partner who works fulltime

No friends at all because when i did have friends they all had kids and because i cant we grew apart.

Im scared my partner will leave me because im so fing miserable. I need friends.

What can i do :(

I dont have hobbies. I dont drive. I have dogs but due to my depression my hubby walks them.

I need friends :(

I'm so sorry to hear it.

Being depressed is awful. I know, I've been there. But it can get better. Have you tried joining any local interest groups, or volunteering for a charity?

Have you seen a doctor for your depression?

Hi.

No friends at all because when i did have friends they all had kids and because i cant we grew apart.

Im scared my partner will leave me because im so fing miserable. I need friends.

I dont have hobbies. I dont drive. I have dogs but due to my depression my hubby walks them.

You need to go to see the doctor. I did, there are other forms of treatment other than pills if that's what is bothering you.

Im under the doctor and getting the help i need that way. However he cant help with the friends sidecof things :/

Have you thought of taking some night classes, where you would meet other people.

I started learning an IT subject when I wanted to do a different job and fortunately it paid off for me.

Edited by blackydog

Hi.

You've made the first step by talking about it.

My dear friend of over 30 years has recently died. She used to say that to have a friend you must be a friend. She was the best friend a person could have - always there for me, despite suffering many years of ill health.

You say you lost friends because they had children and you can't. Did they cut you off or was that your doing? It's a shame you lost those friendships because parenthood is tough at times and you could have been a huge support to them.

People don't want friends who are needy - you need to think outside of yourself, and about others. Sadly, your depression makes that hard for you. The only thing I can suggest is to forget making friends for now but just do one thing that is of interest and see where that takes you.

Edited by Jomie

People don't want friends who are needy - you need to think outside of yourself, and about others. Sadly, your depression makes that hard for you. The only thing I can suggest is to forget making friends for now but just do one thing that is of interest and see where that takes you. As you like dogs, perhaps one morning per week at a rescue centre would help. What about volunteering at a residential home to chat to older people? Would you like to join a church community? That could be helpful as you could also embark on a course of study which would occupy your mind.

I was thinking this too. People don't want to be around needy people. We want to be around people who make us feel good, people who feel good about themselves and have plenty of good feeling vibes to share around. You're not going to have much luck making friends if you see it as a fix to your problems, or a way to fill some void inside yourself.

Maybe better to focus on getting a little more zest back in to your life, being more self indulgent and doing whatever it is you enjoy and makes you feel a bit better about you.