Blades Close Season Signing Rumours

Guest sibon

:hihi:

That's not a rumour... it's a fact!

Every section of the forum has it's share of posters whose sole purpose is to keep the section ticking over by posting rubbish...

... it's just that the footy section has more than it's fair share! :roll:

Have you got any Blades transfer rumours ? whats your thoughts on Stearman

I'm a Wednesday fan and by eck do you put yourself up for a fall , why don't you wait and see how they do instead of jumping on here at every verse end winding them up

Doubt you've ever seen him play and while I'm on the subject remember our reaction when we signed Barry Bannan and look how that turned out

I think you'll find they do just as much winding up as we do and I have praised the job Wilder has done and said they'll do ok in the coming season on other threads winding up is what having a dual forum is all about.

Every section of the forum has it's share of posters whose sole purpose is to keep the section ticking over by posting rubbish...

Oh the irony in your comment...

The game changing starts here - Journeyman Richard Stearman signed from Fulham. :hihi:

Spearman has played for 5 different clubs throughout his career. This is less than Bannan, Forestieri, Westwood, Rhodes and Hooper (to name just a few) so would you also call those players journeymen?

Spearman has played for 5 different clubs throughout his career. This is less than Bannan, Forestieri, Westwood, Rhodes and Hooper (to name just a few) so would you also call those players journeymen?

No, because I don't make tongue in cheek comments about our own players :hihi:

Good signing, will be an experienced head to place alongside some of the younger less experienced players we have and seem to be signing. Get one of either Holmes or Leonard and I think we will have had a very good summer. We should have enough to finish mid table and then hopefully push on from there.

Journeyman meaning:

'a worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding'

Nothing to do with number of clubs, all to do with ability.

Journeyman meaning:

:huh:

Hmmm...

Reliable meaning: 'able to be trusted'

In which case I agree with you, and I certainly wouldn't call Rhodes or Forestieri journeymen.

Anyone who refuses to take a penalty because they 'didn't fancy it', or refuses to get on the team coach because they were having a childish tantrum are certainly not reliable... :roll:

Journeyman meaning:

I beg to differ:

In American English, a journeyman or journeywoman is an athlete who is technically competent but unable to excel.[1] The term is used elsewhere (such as in British and Australian contexts) to refer to a professional sportsman who plays for a large number of different clubs during his career.[2]

Can you remember posting this about 2 weeks ago:

"I look at this forum without commenting, but just having read through all of this I don't think I will ever look at it again !!"

Can't you keep a promise...? :rolleyes:

Didn't promise, at times can't resist !

---------- Post added 06-07-2017 at 16:48 ----------

Quite agree Dear fellow !!