The" leaders" debate

If,as you say, it's a clever manifesto then how can we trust them to do anything that's in it? It's just a fiction in that case...

Correct. The "New" Labour manifesto of 1997 included many "we will" promises that never came to fruition and this one is no different.

Ohhhhh kay. You are interpreting it, I am just taking it literally.

By clever, do you mean full of **** just like all other politicians?

You not taking it literally though. You are saying that it says things that it doesn't.

Read it again.

---------- Post added 02-06-2017 at 17:59 ----------

I'm not trying to make anything stick, I'm just asking questions...So now you're saying the manifesto doesn't relate to the next Parliament?

If,as you say, it's a clever manifesto then how can we trust them to do anything that's in it? It's just a fiction in that case...

How am I saying it doesn't relate to the next parliament?

What I am saying is the wording could relate to anyone of many possibilities on a sliding scale of very little activity around nationalisation to rather a lot. And in any of those outcomes it be judged that promises had been kept.

In that sense it's clever and quite open ended. It doesn't say everything would be done in a single parliament either!

Why are you having so much trouble understanding this?

Another debate tonight. It is pretty clear may is losing the trust, popularity of the audience. People are getting even a bit angry with her.

If it is the same type of audience members who turn up to 90% of the question time or any questions or make up the type of callers to any answers I'm not surprised at all.

Probably be the same type of people who clap incessantly everytime a politician they favour says more than two words or boo and hiss like a pantomime every time someone they don't like speaks.

Let's be honest the core Tory vote are unlikely to be the type of people who will turn up to public debates or television shows. That must have some even inadvertent bias to an audience in the studio.

I am probably on my own with this but as I said before real in depth analysis and cross examination by a suitably skilled journalist is what I like to see not these endless dumbed down glorified reality show events. I fully appreciate that politics for the layman is boring, unglamorous and hugely complex which means it has to be tailored to suit an audience. But in my opinion it should be treated in a far more serious way the most of the media on all sides give it credit for

Edited by ECCOnoob

Another debate tonight. It is pretty clear may is losing the trust, popularity of the audience. People are getting even a bit angry with her.

I saw maybe 1 or2 people who were not happy but obviously you've made up your mind before you have heard both sides

If it is the same type of audience members who turn up to 90% of the question time or any questions or make up the type of callers to any answers I'm not surprised at all.

Probably be the same type of people who clap incessantly everytime a politician they favour says more than two words or boo and hiss like a pantomime every time someone they don't like speaks.

Let's be honest the core Tory vote are unlikely to be the type of people who will turn up to public debates or television shows. That must have some even inadvertent bias to an audience in the studio.

I am probably on my own with this but as I said before real in depth analysis and cross examination by a suitably skilled journalist is what I like to see not these endless dumbed down glorified reality show events. I fully appreciate that politics for the layman is boring, unglamorous and hugely complex which means it has to be tailored to suit an audience. But in my opinion it should be treated in a far more serious way the most of the media on all sides give it credit for

Probably because they're ashamed to be seen in public. It's far easier to have a chomping rant on an Internet forum.