The" leaders" debate

Please, this is just patronising. No one is stealing anyones future, it's infinite with possibilities to match. At least credit them with the intelligence to make their own decisions without the need to influence them because it's what you want.

I'm not going to apologise for wanting the best for younger generations. It's not patronising to want that.

---------- Post added 03-06-2017 at 09:45 ----------

People asked reasonable questions to a man seeking to be Prime Minister about nuclear weapons. The UK might have to strike first, which Corbyn ruled out. His answers about what he would do if the UK suffered a nuclear attack were unclear. He can't be trusted with the nation's security. He can't be our Prime Minister.

The initial question was fair. What came after that from the audience was very troubling.

---------- Post added 03-06-2017 at 09:47 ----------

It wasn't my argument, I'm just lifting a small section of last nights debate, I've lost nothing.

---------- Post added 03-06-2017 at 03:34 ----------

Corbyn, despite his reservations, has agreed to renewal. That takes some political nuts. As for launch of weapons if he did become PM it boils down to a letter that a sub commander opens on instruction. The content of that letter is known only to a tight circle.

Political nuts, really, not a U turn then, nothing to do with a Labour divide, or pressure from unions and member job losses only that's how the Guardian reported it. But hey what does a newspaper with award winning journalists know eh! :D

His party voted for that and he respected that. That's not a u-turn

---------- Post added 03-06-2017 at 09:55 ----------

Patronising and stereotypical ....... another out of context response, what is it with you people ? As for your last line what a bizarre statement !!

The answer to your question quite clearly is they generally do, patronising and stereotypical are the norm on here and elsewhere !

There is a generation of people now who go on about Thatcher many of whom never lived through the Thatcher government :roll:

---------- Post added 03-06-2017 at 09:36 ----------

Did I say that ?

Completely out of context again !

I said they would all be out enjoying themselves ...... stop twisting things around to suit your argument jeeez :roll:

Ok, so you're hoping they'll be out doing other things on polling day?

The initial question was fair. What came after that from the audience was very troubling.

The response by Corbyn to the initial question was troubling to many in the audience. What came after was reasonable, because of Corbyn's lack of clarity and attempts not to give a straight answer to the initial question.

No nuclear weapon has been used in any act of war battle for 72 years now. And even the most disgusting politicians during that time haven't had to push any red button. Nukes have so far only been there as some sort of scarecrow. The question if corbyn is going to push the red button comes from a psychopath, tories got lots of those.

Edited by dutch

I'm not going to apologise for wanting the best for younger generations. It's not patronising to want that.

It wasn't my argument, I'm just lifting a small section of last nights debate, I've lost nothing.

---------- Post added 03-06-2017 at 09:55 ----------

Ok, so you're hoping they'll be out doing other things on polling day?[/QUOTE]

Oh dear, you are desperate, seriously here it is again, please digest it.

Seriously, I think anger is clearly not exclusive to right wing nut jobs, besides it's no good appealing to the youngsters on here at this time of night they are all out enjoying themselves, never had it so good ;)

---------- Post added 03-06-2017 at 10:08 ----------

No nuclear weapon has been used in any act of war battle for 72 years now. And even the most disgusting politicians during that time haven't had to push any red button. Nukes have so far only been there as some sort of scarecrow. The question if corbyn is going to push the red button comes from a psychopath, tories got lots of those.

The issue is Corbyn was cornered in Question Time as was Theresa May with certain issues, so what is the argument for one getting it in the neck and not the other ?

Accept they have weaknesses and move on, ultimately the argument will be about their strengths !

Edited by Michael_W

I didn't live in England during the thatcher years but remember living in another country shocked and amazed watching the old fashioned TV we had seeing what looked like millions of angry desperate people protesting, screaming. Miners being beaten by these police with silly british hats on. People screaming, crying.

It was very impressive to watch even for someone who lived far away.

Now it easier for me to understand how such things come about here, it is what the majority of people want in England.

Not everybody is the majority so if you think you don't fall under that category that's OK, but there will be a big group of people out there who rather see schoolchildren beg for money on the street coming four years than make the world a better place.

Colour it how you like, the man was pressurised and he buckled.

The whole reason for the nuclear deterrent. It's to deter others from using their weapons against us. The first duty of a government is the protection of the country. Corbyn last night said he would never use it. I don't agree with him on this but I'm not trying to be the leader of this country. This doesn't make me a right wing nutter just someone with a different view.

I didn't live in England during the thatcher years but remember living in another country shocked and amazed watching the old fashioned TV we had seeing what looked like millions of angry desperate people protesting, screaming. Miners being beaten by these police with silly british hats on. People screaming, crying.

It was very impressive to watch even for someone who lived far away.

Now it easier for me to understand how such things come about here, it is what the majority of people want in England.

Not everybody is the majority so if you think you don't fall under that category that's OK, but there will be a big group of people out there who rather see schoolchildren beg for money on the street coming four years than make the world a better place.

Are you saying you know what the majority of people in England want and that your concern is children begging for money on the streets in the next few years:huh:

Come on dutch what on earth brings about those conclusions ?

This country has a far better safety net for those less fortunate than many others !

Are you saying you know what the majority of people in England want and that your concern is children begging for money on the streets in the next few years:huh:

Come on dutch what on earth brings about those conclusions ?

This country has a far better safety net for those less fortunate than many others !

Like I said there are lots of voters who are blind (Psychological, not physical of coarse). A blind person cannot see the reality of what is happening in the schools right now, they go sleepwalking to the polls and in their sleep cast a vote, that's fine, nighty night. It is more important for them someone pushes a red button than have a few more police on the street.

Edited by dutch

The response by Corbyn to the initial question was troubling to many in the audience. What came after was reasonable, because of Corbyn's lack of clarity and attempts not to give a straight answer to the initial question.

No it wasn't reasonable because people were arguing for Trident to be used as a first strike weapon.

The second part about using it in retaliation, well he's committed to renewing it isnt he?