The" leaders" debate

No it wasn't reasonable because people were arguing for Trident to be used as a first strike weapon.

Just who was arguing this? the only thing I remember was this quote by Fallon:

“In the most extreme circumstances, we have made it very clear that you can’t rule out the use of nuclear weapons as a first strike,” Mr Fallon said.

The second part about using it in retaliation, well he's committed to renewing it isnt he?

He may be committed to renewing it but that still does not mean he is prepared to use it, which is his main stumbling block.

Anyone that has had their mind made up not to vote Labour because of Jeromy Corbyns stance on nuclear weapons is silly; its not an issue that's ever likely to become a reality anyway.

Are you saying you know what the majority of people in England want and that your concern is children begging for money on the streets in the next few years:huh:

Come on dutch what on earth brings about those conclusions ?

This country has a far better safety net for those less fortunate than many others !

Such as food banks

Such as food banks

Such as food banks what ? Are you telling me the benefits system is failing massively or just for a small minority, if so why ?

It seems that many still make a lifestyle of the benefits system, if so how ?

I appreciate one size does not fit all but what amount of benefits do you think people need before they realise they don't need to work (those that are capable). There are generalisations about people on benefits I know, but people in work should always be better off than those who are not, otherwise we are doomed.

Just who was arguing this? the only thing I remember was this quote by Fallon:

“In the most extreme circumstances, we have made it very clear that you can’t rule out the use of nuclear weapons as a first strike,” Mr Fallon said.

He may be committed to renewing it but that still does not mean he is prepared to use it, which is his main stumbling block.

Trident is not a first strike weapon. Fallon is an imbecile for suggesting it could be used in that way.

As for Corbyn If he's renewing it then it doesn't matter if he's committed to using it or not. Nobody knows whether on the countless hundreds of missions undertaken whether that letter to the sub commander contained instructions to fire or not. The point is we don't need to know.

Like I said there are lots of voters who are blind (Psychological, not physical of coarse). A blind person cannot see the reality of what is happening in the schools right now, they go sleepwalking to the polls and in their sleep cast a vote, that's fine, nighty night. It is more important for them someone pushes a red button than have a few more police on the street.

I can assure you I'm not blind nor am I sleepwalking, your last point makes no sense. I have a wife who works at school, a daughter who is a nurse, a son employed by fire and rescue and their partners employed by SYP, so I can guarantee you I am at the very least as informed as you if not more so :P

did anyone see the follow up programme on bbc news channel . tories put up david davies and boris to be interviewed with two unknown (to me) labour men . ive got to say the labour men acted disgustingly , shouting over the interviewer , shouting over the tories, aggressive finger jabbing . the 2 men were apparently the main labour election campaigners .

did anyone see the follow up programme on bbc news channel . tories put up david davies and boris to be interviewed with two unknown (to me) labour men . ive got to say the labour men acted disgustingly , shouting over the interviewer , shouting over the tories, aggressive finger jabbing . the 2 men were apparently the main labour election campaigners .

Ooooh what nasty people.

Don't be so sensitive.

---------- Post added 03-06-2017 at 14:22 ----------

I can assure you I'm not blind nor am I sleepwalking, your last point makes no sense. I have a wife who works at school, a daughter who is a nurse, a son employed by fire and rescue and their partners employed by SYP, so I can guarantee you I am at the very least as informed as you if not more so :P

And you'll still vote Tory

I1L2T3 you don't seem to know what the letter of last resort is.

If the sub commander believes that a nuclear weapon has destroyed the government and the PM and his nominated second in command is dead he will open the letter of last resort.

If we are subjected to a nuclear strike and the PM is not dead he has to decide how to respond. The letter of last resort is immaterial.