The" leaders" debate

She's not doing a very good job of that is she?

Says who?

You cannot possibly make a statement like that and assume its so widely accepted with everyone that its beyond debate.

Ultimately we will find out how much a good job she is doing with the result of the election wont we.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Don't be silly. May would have asked Rudd if she was happy to attend.

I can understand that you want to take a jab at May at any opportunity, but you might want to refrain until you actually have a legitimate point.

Hold on, she's a bloody difficult woman by her own admission

This is what I'd expect

Hold on, she's a bloody difficult woman by her own admission

This is what I'd expect

That was somebody else's description, but I understand the reference.

In that case, I assume she is the sort of women you would want to go into the Brexit negotiations then? If she can force a recently bereaved women to go on TV against her will (which is what you're suggesting) she sounds like a jolly formidable women.

A truly and epically poor attempt to defend Mays no-show

Not really.

I am pointing out very clearly how debates like this are completely pointless and achieve absolutely NOTHING. They neither inform the viewer nor allow any sufficient time for in depth analysis, cross examination or questionning.

I am certainly not the only one on this thread who thinks the same.

As others have already pointed out. A 7 way shouting match filled with tit for tat argument and meaningless soundbites.

How about I counter your submission with one of my own. Perhaps the fact that Corbyn, after big declarations that he wouldn't show unless the PM did, turned up last minute to join this willy waving contest shows how desprate he is to increase his visable profile with the masses any get his voice heard any which we he can.

Not really.

I am pointing out very clearly how debates like this are completely pointless and achieve absolutely NOTHING. They neither inform the viewer nor allow any sufficient time for in depth analysis, cross examination or questionning.

As others have already pointed out. A 7 way shouting match filled with tit for tat argument and meaningless soundbites.

How about I counter your submission with one of my own. Perhaps the fact that Corbyn, after big declarations that he wouldn't show unless the PM did, turned up last minute to join this willy waving contest shows how desprate he is to increase his visable profile with the masses any get his voice heard any which we he can.

I'm inclined to agree. Remember how well it faired for Nick Clegg in 2010.

Suddenly rising high in the polls, everyone saying 'I agree with Nick'. Unfortunately for the Lib Dems, it didn't actually result in many people voting for them.

That was somebody else's description, but I understand the reference.

In that case, I assume she is the sort of women you would want to go into the Brexit negotiations then? If she can force a recently bereaved women to go on TV against her will (which is what you're suggesting) she sounds like a jolly formidable women.

Well, you can't prove that you can talk to other leaders by....er....refusing to talk to other leaders.

Sending Rudd on is not a sign of strength, just a bad decision. Another one by May.

---------- Post added 31-05-2017 at 21:41 ----------

Not really.

What if the Brexit negotiations are a shouting match. If she couldn't cope tonight who will she cope then.

You make it sound like Corbyn is somehow unfairly deprived of airtime. That's good because I agree.

Says who?

You cannot possibly make a statement like that and assume its so widely accepted with everyone that its beyond debate.

Ultimately we will find out how much a good job she is doing with the result of the election wont we.

Me. She's absolutely rubbish and win the election or not, the Tories will have a new leader by Christmas.