Roy Barraclough has died

rudds1

Brilliant with Les Dawson and played a fantastic character (Alec Gilroy) when Coronation St was actually worth watching, the moment when he tried to persuade Hilda to return to the Rovers as cleaner is one of my great tv moments :hihi:

Brilliant with Les Dawson and played a fantastic character (Alec Gilroy) when Coronation St was actually worth watching, the moment when he tried to persuade Hilda to return to the Rovers as cleaner is one of my great tv moments :hihi:

His scenes with Bet Lynch were often very funny - like a slightly upmarket version of Jack & Vera Duckworth.

I've been on YouTube this morning watching some of the scenes from past Coronation Street episodes & some of them are comedy gold.

Pity that Corrie has gotten rather po faced and sensationalist lately.

Anyways RIP Roy

His scenes with Bet Lynch were often very funny - like a slightly upmarket version of Jack & Vera Duckworth.

I've been on YouTube this morning watching some of the scenes from past Coronation Street episodes & some of them are comedy gold.

Pity that Corrie has gotten rather po faced and sensationalist lately.

Anyways RIP Roy

What I liked about the scene with Hilda was, he goes round to persuade her to come back to work at the pub and when he walks in her kitchen he puts a bottle of stout in front of her as a gesture, he then fails to persuade her to return, the scene then cuts to the Rovers and you see him in the background storm in through the front doors……………………with the bottle of stout in his hand, brilliant.

What I liked about the scene with Hilda was, he goes round to persuade her to come back to work at the pub and when he walks in her kitchen he puts a bottle of stout in front of her as a gesture, he then fails to persuade her to return, the scene then cuts to the Rovers and you see him in the background storm in through the front doors……………………with the bottle of stout in his hand, brilliant.

I'll have a look for that on You Tube!

Some of Blanche's one liners are on there - so funny!