Buying barcode for a product: does anyone have any experience?

I have created a greeting card that I would like to start selling. Just privately for now but I am not sure if I want to sell it further, that is why I think buying a barcode would be a good idea. However I am seeing prices from 4 cent to 250 dollars. Can anyone advise? I would like to possibility of selling internationally, having a guaranteed unique barcode. Thank you for your help.

I have created a greeting card that I would like to start selling. Just privately for now but I am not sure if I want to sell it further, that is why I think buying a barcode would be a good idea. However I am seeing prices from 4 cent to 250 dollars. Can anyone advise? I would like to possibility of selling internationally, having a guaranteed unique barcode. Thank you for your help.

Why do you need a barcode to sell a card ? A way forward is too set up a website or a eBay shop or Amazon research first before doing anything no point in spending money if their is no demand.

Havlng worked in the greeting card trade for 25 years i think it highly unlikely you are going to have any success with one card design.

It is the start of a series... but I really need help in finding a barcode from a source I can trust.

Why do you need a barcode to sell a card ? A way forward is too set up a website or a eBay shop or Amazon research first before doing anything no point in spending money if their is no demand.

i think the OP might be wanting an EAN barcode. It seems that Amazon, and probably other similar sites, need you to use the number behind the barcode to identify your product.

Registering with the people who manage the EAN numbers is expensive and it appears there are agencies who have registered, got a range of numbers, and will sell you a slice of that number range for a suitable fee.

As to whether these agencies are reliable or not then I've no idea,