When did you last check your car lights?

Unless you possess extraordinary contortional qualities similar to what you may expect to see in an 'X-Men' mutant, or maybe a member of Cirque du Soleil, it's spectacularly difficult to keep one foot on the brake pedal, whilst at the same time walking round to the back of your car to check the brake lights are working.

I tried this the other day and, finding it so darned impossible, I had to call upon the talent of my glamorous assistant/girlfriend.

i asked my friend to check my rear indicators to see if they were working...he said yes they are, no they are not, yes they are, no they are not..............i'll get my coat :mad:

Then i fail to understand your probkem beyond wanting to argue through sheer bloddymindedness

Not trying to argue at all, I asked a question and you couldn't answer it, nothing to argue about.

Edited by Dardandec

But, unlike having a glamorous assistant, it's not much use for any other little jobs that I need help with from time to time! :heyhey:

I don't think any woman could look glamorous washing the pots or unblocking the toilet:hihi:

I spend a lot of time driving and see so many cars with missing lights. I have informed drivers where possible that they are down to one brake light and they seem surprised. How long does it take to walk around your car and check your lights and tyres?

Every time they are on and I drive up behind another vehicle. You can tell if one light is out if you pay attention. You dont need to do a 101 point check before pulling out of your driveway :roll:

cars tell you nowadays, dont they

Relying on technology doesn't always work.

e.g. if one brake calliper is sticking a bit, and one brake pad ends up going down to the grinding stage with no warning, it's because Mercedes missed a trick! :hihi: (and so did I as a result)

The brake pad sensor is only attached to the inside brake pad, so if the outside one is wearing down faster, you won't know other than regular checks of the brake pads. (Or stupidly trusting modern tech)

How was I supposed to know that? It warns me when my windscreen washer is slow. It tells me exactly which tyre is low pressure. It tells me it's time for a rest, but doesn't tell me I have a brake problem! :hihi: