Second hand Barbour coats

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum, I couldn't find anywhere better to put it.

I'm trying to find a few old Barbour waxed jackets, in green. I'm making a picnic blanket for a friend who is very ill, so I've had the idea of making a backing for it out of waxed jackets to make it waterproof, so she'll be comfortable on it if she uses it on damp grass.

If anyone has an old coat they'd like to donate please let me know and I'll collect it from you. Or if anyone has seen any coats like this in charity shops please tell me, so I can go and get them.

They don't have to be Barbours. Other makes are fine! So long as they're proper waxed jackets, and in green.

We don't have much time to finish this, so I'd be very grateful for any help at all.

Many thanks.

I know I can buy waxed cotton online but was hoping to get something today or tomorrow. As I think I said, time is tight. And yes, I know one can buy picnic blankets cheaply but my friend likes the things I make, and would love something made by me.

Thank you for your time, though. It was kind of you both to try to help.

My friend works for a retailer who sells those jackets and he has mentioned on a few times the ones that get ripped or damaged are simply thrown out. It may be worth contacting the places that sell them asking if they have any damaged stock to throw out and buy for a reduced price?

There's a gunsmiths on Eccy road that used to sell the jackets. I think it's an independent shop so may have some options or even advice available

Guest makapaka

The vintage clothes shops in town normally have racks of them.

Maybe they have some they don't put out cos too damaged / old or maybe they aren't too dear just to buy.

There's cow on west st, freshman on carver street and a couple of others on Division street amongst others

My friend works for a retailer who sells those jackets and he has mentioned on a few times the ones that get ripped or damaged are simply thrown out. It may be worth contacting the places that sell them asking if they have any damaged stock to throw out and buy for a reduced price?

There's a gunsmiths on Eccy road that used to sell the jackets. I think it's an independent shop so may have some options or even advice available

That'll be Hardy's, be prepared to pay massively through the nose for anything at that shop, and the only advice you'll get is to buy something from them.

You can get the wax in solid form and apply yourself to the required material, mine is called "wax cotton dressing" it's by grangers. It's from ccc and cost £3.99. Used to re-wax Barbour jackets. You can use any material you like then and waterproof it yourself.