Major Incident On London Bridge 03/06/2017

Guest sibon
That fight back thing is different in the real world, even a trained fighter who has been involved in some of the most violent fights can quickly be toppled by his own fight flight response if he is confronted by massive amounts of aggression.

These guys were also wearing suicide belts. It would take some real bottle to fight back against that.

That fight back thing is different in the real world, even a trained fighter who has been involved in some of the most violent fights can quickly be toppled by his own fight flight response if he is confronted by massive amounts of aggression.

i would agree in conventioal conflict but this is not, the IRA was only stopped after 9/11 when Bush,s war on terror cut their funding off.

Edited by phil752

Mel if it is the only way to stop this then I am sorry it must be done. The HRA was not created to protect terrorists but that is exactly what it is doing. If they don't kill themselves then they know they are going to prison where they can spread their hatred, I cannot recall reading or hearing about any of these people who have been put in prison killing themselves, they only want to die when they are in the process of killing innocent people. .

they also dont mind being killed after the fact and becoming a martyr, so i prefer the prison option, it worked for ian brady, he hated being locked up so much he fought for the right to kill himself. obviously theres the radicalisation thing to watch for in prison.

---------- Post added 04-06-2017 at 12:54 ----------

as i said before the fight should be a cyber fight, its no good using violence against violence of this magnitude, syria shows its not 100% effective.

What we need to do is fight isis in the propaganda war and stop people becoming radicalised in the first place. then you have less people to fight after.

These guys were also wearing suicide belts. It would take some real bottle to fight back against that.

Imagine how frightening that would be, a knife wielding nut job who could also be a suicide bomber, maybe they have stumbled upon a very good way of keeping themselves safe until the armed police arrive, maybe the next time real explosives will be used.

I'd agree. But as it stands we've got a bunch of not too bright terrorists ("hey guys, where's the best place to go on a stabbing rampage?""Central London at night, the traffic will be quieter and all the police will be in bed") and a populace that are really victims waiting to happen or the security services.

Let's put it this way, if it happened at, god forbid, a coastal resort for example, the response time of the police would be much much greater with less trained armed police.

your right quite scary

Imagine how frightening that would be, a knife wielding nut job who could also be a suicide bomber, maybe they have stumbled upon a very good way of keeping themselves safe until the armed police arrive, maybe the next time real explosives will be used.

The suicide vest is an added dimension - even a fake one - you can't realistically fight against a bomb or a gun.