Should there be a ban on buying more than one property

Guest makapaka
Define 'right' in that context. And please explain the origin of any 'right' to own a pre-determined quantity of housing.

Why? Do you not understand the point I'm trying to make? That some people own 0 houses and some people own 20/2/200/2000?

Define 'right' in that context. And please explain the origin of any 'right' to own a pre-determined quantity of housing.

---------- Post added 23-05-2018 at 17:26 ----------

Yes, it's the house price inflation- not at all the same thing as RPI or CPI- that's the problem.

But nobody has any real clue how to remedy it by lawful means.

if buy to let was stopped the housing market would be flooded with cheaper properties.

Guest makapaka
Yes, but you've not actually answered my questions. Can you?

Well no - because I haven't argued there should be a right to own a pre-determined amount of housing.

homes under the hammer glorifys the greed of these leaches

Yes, the rotten sods risk their own money to buy and renovate property, rent it out at a fair market price and take the risk of bad tenants, in order to provide for their retirement. Far better to be a well pensioned public sector worker who opts for early enhanced retirement benefits.

The mind boggles. :confused: