Any impartial information out there on the key political parties?

if you think that money is magically made to appear by clicking fingers and appealing to and scaring the working classes then vote labour, if in the real world you understand things need to be paid for in a balanced way and have a leader that will do whats the best for the country vote conservative.

all the others are not worth voting for in this election unless its tactical

Why would you say that? Isabelle is clearly trying to do research into the PARTIES (not the leaders) policies to make the best informed choice. Vote for policies not personalities as the PM can change very very quickly within the party. If TM doesn't increase her majority (not looking likely by the polls) I'd expect her to be under considerable pressure to resign. No-one knows who'd be the next PM after her so voting for her is a bit daft when you could end up with Boris.

We do know who will be the Prime Minister on Friday. It will be either Teresa May or Jeremy Corbyn. It will be a disaster for this country, if Jeremy Corbyn is the Prime Minister on Friday. It will not be a disaster, if the Conservative party change their leader during the next five years.

We do know who will be the Prime Minister on Friday. It will be either Teresa May or Jeremy Corbyn. It will be a disaster for this country, if Jeremy Corbyn is the Prime Minister on Friday. It will not be a disaster, if the Conservative party change their leader during the next five years.

How about we don't turn this into yet another thread about who we support and don't. OP asked for advice about where to find information about the parties policies. She didn't ask for our opinions on who to vote for.

---------- Post added 07-06-2017 at 15:00 ----------

if you think that money is magically made to appear by clicking fingers and appealing to and scaring the working classes then vote labour, if in the real world you understand things need to be paid for in a balanced way and have a leader that will do whats the best for the country vote conservative.

Same to you! Not the thread for our political debate, we have enough of those already!

I'm still not decided on who to vote for in the election.

I'm struggling to find any information on each party's policies which isn't biased.

All the leaders seem to do is criticise each other and what the previous opposing parties have done in the past.

I just want someone to say 'We are X, our policies are X, Y & Z, and this is how we will achieve it', instead of wasting time (and money) just trying to make the opposition look bad.

I want to make an informed decision, but it puts me off making a decision at all.

The BBC outlines key manifesto details.

They are biased against Labour or the Tories, depending on who you ask but if you ignore all the stories and just review the manifestos side by side you can work out from that who you align with.

If none do then spoil your ballot paper. But do it properly. A penis was once drawn in the box next to a candidate's name but it was within the box and so the returning officer counted it as a valid vote for said candidate.

Edited by Pinkman

How about we don't turn this into yet another thread about who we support and don't. OP asked for advice about where to find information about the parties policies. She didn't ask for our opinions on who to vote for.

At this time in our history, it is more important that we have a Prime Minister with the correct qualities to lead us over the next few years, than the party they represent. There are only two candidates and only one of them has the qualities to lead the United Kingdom during the difficult times ahead. When Labour elect a competent leader, then information about their party policies will be relevant again.

I only voiced my opinions on who to vote for, after you replied to my post. If people have the best interests of this country at heart when they cast their vote tomorrow, then it really is a no-brainer.

Edited by Lockdoctor

]if you think that money is magically made to appear by clicking fingers[/b] and appealing to and scaring the working classes then vote labour, if in the real world you understand things need to be paid for in a balanced way and have a leader that will do whats the best for the country vote conservative.

Apart from the £385 Billion the Conservatives conjured up with their own magic money tree (QE) to pay off the banks....

At this time in our history, it is more important that we have a Prime Minister with the correct qualities to lead us over the next few years, than the party they represent. There are only two candidates and only one of them has the qualities to lead the United Kingdom during the difficult times ahead. When Labour elect a competent leader, then information about their party policies will be relevant again.

I only voiced my opinions on who to vote for, after you replied to my post. If people have the best interests of this country at heart when they cast their vote tomorrow, then it really is a no-brainer.

It is actually that simple.

Apart from the £385 Billion the Conservatives conjured up with their own magic money tree (QE) to pay off the banks....

Do you have any idea what would have happened if Brown had allowed the banks to fail following the financial crisis?

Keep talking, you convert more and more people to Toryism every time you post.

Do you have any idea what would have happened if Brown had allowed the banks to fail following the financial crisis?

Keep talking, you convert more and more people to Toryism every time you post.

I'll tell myself off after answering, but if the Tories could conjure up money from thin air then they can conjure up money to support our services irrelevant of how much it would have cost if we let the banks fail.

Now SgtKate, no political opinions in this thread, we have many others. OP asked for impartial advice and none of us are so shush.

No more nor better than what "Brexit being Brexit" will eventually turn into: it would have been uncharted waters, the exact same as the eventual Brexit outcome will be.

I do wonder whether "strong and stable" and a "better mandate" would have worked for Brown :hihi: