Can't wait for the 9th..

With regards to negotiating Brexit, does it have to be just the Conservative Party doing the talking?

I would much rather see a cross party team of big hitters. We need the best team we can muster, regardless of party. I'd also include Nigel Farage, as an advisor. He knows more about the ins and outs of the EU than all the rest put together.

Very good point. Don't think tories are going to get the strength to play any more stupid games now, some of tory own members are starting to disagree with may attitude to EU, she is not qualified. The things she has said about other party leaders are completely out of order. If any ordinary person were to talk about their colleagues like that they be suspended or fired.

Carl Bildt said.

Could be messy for the United Kingdom in the years ahead. One mess risks following another. Price to be paid for lack of true leadership.

With regards to negotiating Brexit, does it have to be just the Conservative Party doing the talking?

I would much rather see a cross party team of big hitters. We need the best team we can muster, regardless of party. I'd also include Nigel Farage, as an advisor. He knows more about the ins and outs of the EU than all the rest put together.

Politicians putting their differences aside, and all working together for the good of the country (rather than working towards more power for their own parties)? Call me cynical I'm finding it hard to see that happening somehow.

May is going to see the Queen to build a Coalition with the DUP as junior partner.

According to the DUP, their price for propping up a new Conservative government will include a promise that there would be no post-Brexit special status for Northern Ireland.

So, the Conservatives get in bed with the political wing of the UVF.

After hammering Corbyn for talking to Sinn Fein.

The boundless irony.

Perfect time for Labour to bring up the links to terrorism which that the DUP had, not to mention their rather backwards stance on LGBT rights, their racism, bigotry etc.

Subject to this Coalition lasting past March 2019 post-Brexit, NI is pretty much FUBAR. SF can just relax until the next GE and let the DUP continually step on their own appendage all by themselves: it will become the majority party in NI next time around.

Edited by L00b

May is going to see the Queen to build a Coalition with the DUP as junior partner.

According to the DUP, their price for propping up a new Conservative government will include a promise that there would be no post-Brexit special status for Northern Ireland.

So, the Conservatives get in bed with the political wing of the UVF.

After hammering Corbyn for talking to Sinn Fein.

The boundless irony.

Perfect time for Labour to bring up the links to terrorism which that the DUP had, not to mention their rather backwards stance on LGBT rights, their racism, bigotry etc.

Yup, and I have yet to hear a single Tory condemning this. How chuffing predictable. "No deals with terrorists! (unless we **** up the election so badly and I want to stay in power I'll go cup in hand to racist, homophobic terrorist supporters for backing.)" Joyous.

The irony is just immense. So the Tories kick off at Labour links to the SNP because they SNP want to break up the UK etc. Now the Tories aligning with the DUP has a very good chance of causing the break down of the UK by increasing support for Sein Fein. Absolute madness. Does anyone want this? Really?!?!

Can you Queen refuse to support the government constitutionally?

Edited by sgtkate

There's plenty of irony on offer today,like the Tories thinking they had put all their internal strife behind them with Brexit,only to find out that,inadvertantly, Brexit has dumped them right back into it again,a bit like Sigourney Weaver blasting off from the space ship but the Alien is still inside with her.

Politicians putting their differences aside, and all working together for the good of the country (rather than working towards more power for their own parties)? Call me cynical I'm finding it hard to see that happening somehow.

Mmmm... And that's exactly what's wrong with British politics...

But aren't they against a hard border with the Republic of Ireland? And if there is no hard border, how can there be a hard brexit?